Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge Barcelona live tracking

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Looks like fran took mike before 37km marker

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Joe ye big legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

all 3 doing a savage job
    81 or so for Frans swim is a serious improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Joe through 37k in 9:36, just needs to hold it together for sub 10.

P.S. He's also moved from P. 453 to P. 212 over the course of the run

Joe at 40k in 10:06
    Fran through 37k in 10:02
    MCOS in 10:09

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Tracker seems to have stopped working again. Joe finished by now surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Tracker seems to have stopped working again. Joe finished by now surely?

Think he's in some difficultly - 30mins for the last 3k, hopefully he's alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Think he's in some difficultly - 30mins for the last 3k, hopefully he's alright

10:08:09 finish. Pity, he was fit for the sub 10 (still a cracking time!)

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    10:08:09 finish. Pity, he was fit for the sub 10 (still a cracking time!)

great time but evidence would suggest he wasn't fit for sub 10.

I just got home, and saw the results- thats a very slow swim time for Abhainn (1:13:33)? No chance the O40's started in a wave 10 mins back or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I think he was 10 minutes behind the two lads in a 2nd wave but you would think the tracker has taken that into account.

Happy days if it hasn't!

• Advertisement

Aoife O'Connor, proud mum of an 11 month old, through 31km in 9:59. Savage lady!

catweazle wrote: »
    I think he was 10 minutes behind the two lads in a 2nd wave but you would think the tracker has taken that into account.

Happy days if it hasn't!

I had assumed that all times were elapsed times for the athlete???? If not its a load of cack.

Tracker dead???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Looks like its crapped itself or a ton of chips have fallen off people.

Tracker back alive:
    Fran 10:33 (new PB)
    MCOS 10:45

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

tunney wrote: »
    Tracker back alive:

Any word on the hurler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Tracker back alive:

Well done lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

great time but evidence would suggest he wasn't fit for sub 10.

And what evidence would that be? The fact he didn't manage to do it? You sometimes need a bit of luck on the day as well obviously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Not the time I was hoping for but it was not about that today after what happened in Roth. Thanks to everyone for emails, messages of support. Oh the swim came out at 4.2k on Mikes watch and one other I spoke to which means I am an awesome swimmer.
    Tough day out!! Still a 1hr 25 pb not to be sniffed at, rest and bring on Winter

Not the time I was hoping for but it was not about that today after what happened in Roth. Thanks to everyone for emails, messages of support. Oh the swim came out at 4.2k on Mikes watch and one other I spoke to which means I am an awesome swimmer.
    Tough day out!! Still a 1hr 25 pb not to be sniffed at, rest and bring on Winter

Well done Fran, delighted you finished your season on such a high!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Joe was going great but last 5-10k or so really struggled. Lots learnt I would say, I don't care what anyone says posting that time on your first one is impressive, respect the distance both Baylisis resigned to walking/crawling today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

mloc123 wrote: »
    Any word on the hurler?

fantastic for first attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Happy just to finish since quad cramps got me as usual. Great swim. Was at 51 and change at last buoy with apparently just 300m to go. That took me over 8 mins. Thought I was on for 56 or so. Would have sneaked sub60 if a wave hadn't literally spat me out onto the beach for both calves to lock. Bike going well until I got stuck behind a large group for 20k. It wasn't worth the effort to burn them. Took last 30k really easy to prep for run. Bang on super steady 3.5 hour pace up to 15km taking gels and coke on too. Then quads went and it was unpleasant from there. Seriously contemplated DNF but waddled home for a finish. Did a tumble over the line to remind myself not to take it seriously. Have some good pics of the angry teenage hobbit and Obi one to include in a report. Caz reckons cramp is genetics. Done with tri for now. Great to see boardsies getting impressive debuts and finishing strong for PBs. Id recommend this event to anyone.

Edit: angry teenage hobbit has mellowed considerably taking my scalp :-). Fair play to him and an impressive pb. Great first IM for Obi one also. He gave it socks! Pleasure running with DX22 for a bit of the run. A pure gent with a great attitude well done to you sir! When you see the likes of Bayliss walking and wincing it reminds you that we are all human. The sun has come out today. I feel like a dip in the Med sans suit...

Edit #2: Mellow Hobbit missed his flight. Angry again now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Any idea on how big mce wnet?

I think dx22 was racing Barcelona as well

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Any idea on how big mce wnet?

He finished it 11:18:22 if I can remember correctly, webpage is down at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dx22

catweazle wrote: »
    I think dx22 was racing Barcelona as well

I did it in 11:36 well pleased as i only started tri last year, chatted with MCOS on the run and Big MCE in the hotel after and he was happy his performance too as he a first timer also

All 10 and 11 hour Ironmans :eek:

Was this a crack team of boardies sent to Barcelona

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

All I can say was that was a great experience on Sunday.
    Thought I was on 70 min swim by the 3500m bouy but somehow the last 360m took me 9 min:rolleyes:. Any others I talked too thought the beach would never come also

Had a very solid bike well within HR limits and felt good starting the run and confident of a sub 10
    Things went downhill after 21k. Started to feel a bit iffy and left quad started to tighten up by 30k. Not 100% sure yet, possibly too many electrolytes and carbs on the bike? first 5k too quick?
    Dissappointment big time but feeling almost normal again today.

Thanks all for texts, emails etc. And also to the two lassies - Hobbit and Horse, great going lads.

Will put together a report soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Abhainn wrote: »
    All I can say was that was a great experience on Sunday.
    Thought I was on 70 min swim by the 3500m bouy but somehow the last 360m took me 9 min:rolleyes:. Any others I talked too thought the beach would never come also

Had a very solid bike well within HR limits and felt good starting the run and confident of a sub 10
    Things went downhill after 21k. Started to feel a bit iffy and left quad started to tighten up by 30k. Not 100% sure yet, possibly too many electrolytes and carbs on the bike? first 5k too quick?
    Dissappointment big time but feeling almost normal again today.

Thanks all for texts, emails etc. And also to the two lassies - Hobbit and Horse, great going lads.

Will put together a report soon

Well done, evidence would suggest you gave it your all!

Advertisement