Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco.ie

Options
  • 26-09-2012 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Is anybody else having trouble placing orders on the website and contacting Tesco through their website?

I have been trying since Saturday to place an order and have so far been unsuccessful. I have tried 3 different cards which I know all have sufficient funds in them but I keep getting the same error message "Failure to create order".

I have tried e-mailing Tesco using the e-mail address on their website but I keep getting failure bounce backs and I have tried ringing them and have spent between 10 and 25 minutes on hold before hanging up.

Is there a problem with the site? They have made some slight changes recently but nothing massive.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Same issue for me, tried early this morning, this evening and again tonight with the "Failed to create order" outcome.
    The 'high volume of calls' on customer services at 11pm might be a give-away that it's not that isolated an issue?
    Also, any issues with payment would give an authorisation error rather than this one.
    edit - just noticed that you're in KK so may be store related either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Yeah, I've been using tesco.ie with no problem for nearly 7 years so I figure it must definitely be a site problem. As I haven't actually been able to speak to anyone, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. Hope they sort it out soon or I'll have to switch to Superquinn.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Got through quickly this morning to cust. services and they said they are having "technical difficulties... have a team working on it... no expected time given for a solution".
    You'd think they would have a message on the site to say as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

YES! Had this exact issue Tuesday night. Rang customer services & was on hold for 10 minutes before they cut me off. Rang back & was on hold for 20 minutes without being resolved. Sent an email to tesco & although I got an automated response later saying someone will contact you, I haven't heard anything further.

Maybe the e-mail bounce back I'm getting is because of high volumes. Hope they fix it soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I placed on order on Monday for delivery Tuesday with no issues, however, the confirmation email came from Tesco.co.uk......

I've been trying since Saturday with no luck.

I rang tesco.ie today and eventually managed to speak to somebody. I was told the issue was first reported on Saturday and their technical team are working to try to fix it but they've no idea when it will be fixed. The technical team are working on putting a message up on the homepage to advise people of the problem.

The woman I spoke to told me that customers are getting two different error messages, either "failure to create order" or "payment not authorised".

They've offered free delivery charge on deliveries for anyone who rings up and gives their e-mail address (it won't be a blanket thing, you have to ring up) but to be honest, if this isn't fixed by the weekend I'm just going to go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Wuggle

Is anyone still having problems? I order online for my elderly aunt every week, but have not been able to place my order since this time yesterday. I rang the UK helpline and they told me there were "technical issues" but no idea of resolution time.

I'm finding it really frustrating. I don't live in Ireland any more but do my aunt's shopping every week without fail. She's 80 - I'm not sure how I can get her shopping to her now. At the very least they should put up a message on the site saying when it is likely to be fixed, or at least apologising for the inconvenience!

:mad:

Sorry Pixiebean - cross post!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Wuggle wrote: »
    Is anyone still having problems? I order online for my elderly aunt every week, but have not been able to place my order since this time yesterday. I rang the UK helpline and they told me there were "technical issues" but no idea of resolution time.

I'm finding it really frustrating. I don't live in Ireland any more but do my aunt's shopping every week without fail. She's 80 - I'm not sure how I can get her shopping to her now. At the very least they should put up a message on the site saying when it is likely to be fixed, or at least apologising for the inconvenience!

:mad:

Superquinn have an online ordering system- maybe you could use them as a once off for your aunt?

• Advertisement

Thank you - I just tried that but they don't cover her area...

Yeah Superquinn don't cover as wide an area as Tesco unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Inchinc7

I'm still having problems. Been trying since Tuesday and thought it was just me but tried different card and that didn't work either. Hope it's back up and running soon. Sick at home with small baby, so don't fancy going to store.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭thegoodgirl

Has anybody had success in placing an order since.
    I tried for ages last night and then again this morning, its really bugging me now. Looks like I'll have to go into the store now instead :(

No success for me yet anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭thegoodgirl

Just got my order completed now.

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Have tried three different browsers. It's not an individual problem, Tesco told me they've had thousands of people ringing with the same error message as mine and a different error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Inchinc7

Have tried different browsers too on my laptop and also tried iPad. Still not working. Emailed customer service yesterday and no reply yet. Giving up hope now, I've only used this service twice before and was really getting into using it, and raving about it to everyone, so very frustrated now.

Inchinc7 wrote: »
    Have tried different browsers too on my laptop and also tried iPad. Still not working. Emailed customer service yesterday and no reply yet. Giving up hope now, I've only used this service twice before and was really getting into using it, and raving about it to everyone, so very frustrated now.

Yeah I've tried 2 pcs, laptop, tablet and a phone so definitely not a software or hardware issue on my side anyway.

I've been using home delivery for 7 years with no issues at all. I drive a bike, don't own a car so pretty damn stuck without it to be honest. Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Our order went through this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

Have the same issue, been trying since Thurs to put it though. Was on the phone to customer services for ages last night, who did try everything they could before saying that it was definitely a fault with the website. No idea when it'll be fixed either.
    Don't know what to do, I was doing my mum's weekly shop, no other way of getting it to her! Did anyone have any luck with just repeatedly trying to put the order through?
    Did that for ages last night and again this morn, starting to give up hope!

Naydy, I've been trying since last Saturday and I have tried numerous times each day and still no joy.

Can't believe this error has been going on so long, If I had any other way of getting food delivered you can be sure I wouldn't still be trying at this stage! Sorry to hear you've been trying so long Pixiebean, over a week at this stage is totally ridiculous.

Is anyone still having problems? It looks like other delivery slots are being booked up, but I still get the same error. Intermittently I also get a payment not authorised error too,which I know is rubbish as the card details are perfect and I know exactly how much only is in the account.

I sent a complaint email to Tesco Customer Services and still no reply apart from the standard automated one.

I am getting the exact same thing Wuggle, either "failed to create order" or "payment card not authorized" and I know my card is fine!
    I rang my local tesco and they said they were not aware of a problem that they were getting orders in alright.
    Yet when I went through the problem over the phone with customer services they said it was definitely a "website problem". They could give me no indication of when it will be fixed, although I was advised to try putting through the order every hour.
    Needless to say it hasn't worked yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SJW

I've had the same issue, been trying without success for over a week to place my order! But just 5 minutes ago, I tried to order using Google Chrome instead of Firefox and for whatever reason it worked! Might not help anyone else, but just thought I'd post it.

SJW wrote: »
    I've had the same issue, been trying without success for over a week to place my order! But just 5 minutes ago, I tried to order using Google Chrome instead of Firefox and for whatever reason it worked! Might not help anyone else, but just thought I'd post it.

Well done - at least someone has got somewhere! I just installed Google Chrome - still have the same issue.

At this stage I am beyond frustrated and cross and my Aunt is without her shopping... :mad:

I'm in the same boat, my mum is going without at the min too! Have tried several different browsers and no luck. I'm glad someones got it working though, hopefully it will right itself soon :(

• Advertisement

Still no joy here, have used different browsers and different computers and no luck. I sent Tesco an e-mail last night to see if there is any update. I spoke to someone at tesco.ie by phone a few nights ago and I was told they've had thousands of people ringing up with the same error messages as mentioned here and they don't know when it will be fixed.

Advertisement