Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthur's Day 2012

Options
  • 25-09-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Just wondering where people were going for a pint on Thursday and are the pints cheap everywhere or is it just a pub by pub thing? €2.52 a pint in my local last year! (2011-1759) I'd like it to be €2.53 this year!!:D

I know it's given out about as a gimmick but it's good craic on a Thursday night!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Glenvw

NeirBot wrote: »
    Just wondering where people were going for a pint on Thursday and are the pints cheap everywhere or is it just a pub by pub thing? €2.52 a pint in my local last year! (2011-1759) I'd like it to be €2.53 this year!!:D

I know it's given out about as a gimmick but it's good craic on a Thursday night!

Will be goin to my local which is shearys in crumlin for one or seven. Was in the oriel hotel in ballincollig last year and was regular price didn't even get served in Guinness glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

I know of one bar in Athlone doing pints for 2.50, think most places do a discount for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Whens Tesco's Day???

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Think I'll give Diageo's Day a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

bazz26 wrote: »
    Think I'll give Diageo's Day a miss.

I'll be out enjoying The Herbaliser rocking it at Mickey Martins for free. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭leakyboots

What time is The Herbaliser on?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's just super. I guess the recession is not as bad as we were lead to believe.

leakyboots wrote: »
    What time is The Herbaliser on?

Not exactly sure but I'll post it when I find out.
    bazz26 wrote: »
    That's just super. I guess the recession is not as bad as we were lead to believe.

It's free. You don't have to skull 10 pints down there if you don't want to or can't afford it. I certainly won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Xennon wrote: »
    Whens Tesco's Day???

Just realised I've over 40 euro in vouchers that I'd forgotten about. Tomorrows Tesco day for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Absolute joke of an occasion, like we need another reason to go and get hammered, if I was 10 years younger I'd be all for it of course but who the hell benefits, is it for charity or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

This year they are donating €5 to charity each time someone checks in somewhere.. at least that what their website seems to say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RockyTwoArms

Sort of;
    http://sociable.co/meme/paint-the-storehouse-black-with-guinnesss-arthurs-day-facebook-app/
    Mainly it is just an excuse to go out, chance to see some music (mainly local bands)
    Getting hammered is your own choice.
    It's another marketing master stroke by Guinness.
    Putting it on a random Thursday is a huge boost to the pub and music trades.
    I think of it as Paddies day for those without kids (or those who want to get away from them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

It's what Paddys day should market itself as! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Here's a full list of Limerick pubs involved tomorrow,http://www.limerick.ie/visiting/whatson/septemberevents/2012-09-27arthursdayinlimerick.html The locke bars deal looks like the winner, lunch and a pint for only €2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Mumford and Sons are suppose to be the secret act for Symths thats the rumour going round town today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

allimac wrote: »
    Here's a full list of Limerick pubs involved tomorrow,http://www.limerick.ie/visiting/whatson/septemberevents/2012-09-27arthursdayinlimerick.html The locke bars deal looks like the winner, lunch and a pint for only €2

Just to let people know, you have to eat between 5pm and 6.30pm. I've two tickets for it that I won't be using, if anyone is out around UL tomorrow that wants them, let me know. Free of charge. I'm sound like that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

bigpink wrote: »
    Mumford and Sons are suppose to be the secret act for Symths thats the rumour going round town today

They are playing in Dublin, not Limerick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Thought the acts were secret??maybe they will double gig!!

bigpink wrote: »
    Thought the acts were secret??maybe they will double gig!!

Alot of em have been let slip, "by accident"!

My money is on Smyths having the big act for Limerick anyways!

Texas playing in Smyths

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »
    Texas playing in Smyths

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Any updates on any acts?

Heard Mika will be in The Graduate in Killiney

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hope Texas are prepared to play I don't want a lover over and over or the Smyths crowd would rather hear free beer, that Sharleen Spiteri is a fine thing though;)

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Source?

don't want to say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Will not be happy if its Texas.

Hope Texas are prepared to play I don't want a lover over and over or the Smyths crowd would rather hear free beer, that Sharleen Spiteri is a fine thing though;)

this is it, the crows in smyths wouldn't know Texas to see, but if some sh*te covers band were in there, they'd know the song........

seachto7 wrote: »
    this is it, the crows in smyths wouldn't know Texas to see, but if some sh*te covers band were in there, they'd know the song........

Think more of it will be that people were expecting Mumford and sons seeing as that was put out there for the last week. I'd prefer primal scream to Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Think more of it will be that people were expecting Mumford and sons seeing as that was put out there for the last week. I'd prefer primal scream to Texas.

Primal Scream played the O2 less than a year ago, I doubt very much they'll suddenly show up in Smyths

magma69 wrote: »
    Not exactly sure but I'll post it when I find out.

It's free. You don't have to skull 10 pints down there if you don't want to or can't afford it. I certainly won't be.

I was told they'd be kicking off at about half nine but that's not 100% confirmed. I hope it's the full band playing and not some dj set, which would still be cool but obviously not as good. I've been meaning to see them since they were described as one of the best acts at Electric Picnic a few years back.

• Advertisement

leakyboots wrote: »
    Primal Scream played the O2 less than a year ago, I doubt very much they'll suddenly show up in Smyths

They are one of the headliners and being paid by Diageo so will show up where they are told I'd imagine. Looks like its definitely Texas from what I'm getting from people working in Smyths.

Advertisement