Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis Tips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Took Federer at 10/1 in the third round (i usually bet on him each way and lay him depending on his form/injuries), so happy that he's come into 11/4 now with djok out.

I watched Venus in the womens and she played some of the best tennis she has in years. I do realise she's 36 now but i like her odds of 18/1 for an each way shout. She won't meet Serena till the final IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Having a decent bet on Rajeev Ram tonight, decent form and won this tourney last year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

That went well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Hard to know if ND is back in A1 form or not (mentally & physically), so perhaps: Jerzy Janowicz @17-20.00(+),
    could be worth adding as a widcard selection to the accumulator, plays at midnight UTC+1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Anything for today?

• Advertisement

Nadal vs Pouille (live) is looking a tight game

1 6 P
    6 2 N
    4 6 P
    6 3 N
    6 6….

Would have been rude not to take price of @251 just recently when it is/was dropping to 67 average

Screen_Shot_2016_09_05_at_00_32_43.png
    Would prefer 3pl of course, and don't have much faith in an actual win, good to have as a wildcard all the same.

Next am looking at Edmund over ND, at 02:45hrs. Ed is screeching up the rankings tables.
    Perhaps it's all the left over Olympics euphoria. Ideally if it were a game chess or mental attitude he'd be the fav.
    Still @9 it's not to be sniffed at for value, probably offset this with a live evens elsewhere if it should appear.

Murray is slogging it out at the moment, (live) tight game at 2:2

Sets so far:
    1 6
    6 4
    4 6
    6 1

Kei Nishikori @ 17.00 to win outright isn't a bad number, however unlikely it is.

Andy is out, that must have surprised a few folks
    Prices for Nishikori outright win are/were:

Pre: @26
    live: @17
    now: @10 (2nd J-fav)

Gael Monfils is the next possible value option @17 for outright if he can get past ND.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Andy is out, that must have surprised a few folks
    Prices for Nishikori outright win are/were:

Pre: @26
    live: @17
    now: @10 (2nd J-fav)

Gael Monfils is the next possible value option @17 for outright if he can get past ND.

Cost me nearly a grand in an accurate,needless to say I'm not too happy with andy

• Advertisement

There's a whole load of Lopez chaps playing later,
    double-barreled Garcia-Lopez.G @3.6, along with his mate Busta P
    have the best names in this doubles game 21:35hrs.

Garcia-Lopez.G @3.6

✓. As Kimmy Mc Jong-un would say,
    "Garcia-Lopez (and his mate Busta), is best Lopez".

Bye bye Serena, hello Karolina Pliskova (@5).

What's next, Novak to get beat?

Well there's no value in 1.14!
    So Monfils, Gael @6 it is. (7 with BV).
    Will also go with ND 3:1 @3.40
    (as an risk offset).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Anyone doing anything with the Aussie mens final? Like the look of Nadal to win first set/Federer to win match @ 11/2...

Not much to separate them, leaning towards Fed @2.1.
    There's plenty of enhanced offers around the place
    e.g. Both to win a set and Fed to win @2.75.

Might add on either a few others for the Accumulator,
    e.g. Carl Frampton to be Knocked Down @ 3.50 etc..

My thinking is that Nadal will start out like a train and maybe win the first two sets but Federer will wear him down cos he's fresher. Not sure if tennis works like that though...

Edit: have backed Federer to win 3-2 @ 11/2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

My thinking is that Nadal will start out like a train and maybe win the first two sets but Federer will wear him down cos he's fresher. Not sure if tennis works like that though...

Edit: have backed Federer to win 3-2 @ 11/2

Well done, went 3-1 myself, some comeback in the 5th from Federer

NATLOR wrote: »
    Well done, went 3-1 myself, some comeback in the 5th from Federer

Cheers. Was surprised to See Federer 3-2 the longest odds set score, figured if he was to win that would be easily the most likely scoreline. Now on to the Oscars and the 6 Nations.:p

Cheers. Was surprised to See Federer 3-2 the longest odds set score, figured if he was to win that would be easily the most likely scoreline. Now on to the Oscars and the 6 Nations.:p

The Oscars is an easy one, haven't seen as many 5 stars for a movie (la la land @1.2) since that Jackson singer was advertising her band '5 star' back in the 80/90s.

Add in the NE Patriots, and if you can get it on an Accum - perhaps the short-haired ukip chaps, who may well take the stoke by election in stoke, eng @2.1. The Jedwards @2.25 seem likely to take the cbb show, but wouldn't watch such nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Yeah, always plenty of opportunities to give the winnings back :P

• Advertisement

Just put a bit on Federer/Nadal and Murray/Djokovic finals.

Also on Tsonga and Nishikori to reach the final

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PP doing a crowd powered enhancement. Murray, Fed, Djokovic and Nadal to make semi final. Started 3/1 now 7/1 and could reach 14/1

KevIRL wrote: »
    PP doing a crowd powered enhancement. Murray, Fed, Djokovic and Nadal to make semi final. Started 3/1 now 7/1 and could reach 14/1

@11 now, next position may reach @13 (12/1).

Interesting concept, corresponds to volume increase, price increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

What's the cutoff point for the enhancement? All four are through to the second round and they're still advertising it. Best price is just above 8/1 with Ladbrokes so 10/1 probably the actual price pre-tournament anyway. I'd a free tenner in my account so on it anyway.

EDIT: Just noticed the next best price is 23/10 so assume Oddschecker has an error on the Ladbrokes price. I thought a couple of them seemed high to win their individual quarters.

@13 now, cutoff is likely around 8pm, stake limitations etc apply.
    May see 15 for a short while, who knows.

Some caution needed as it's a 'fourfold accumulator' in essence, and only takes one of the four legs to ruin it.
    Very reasonable offer all the same.

From @13 to just @1.5 for the quartet accumulation to proceed.
    ND is just 1.03 to win his match Monday evening.

Just put a bit on Federer/Nadal and Murray/Djokovic finals.

Also on Tsonga and Nishikori to reach the final

Well one still alive better than none. Actually pretty confident about Murray but you have to fancy Federer to come through the other half. Still we'll see what shape Djokovic is in tomorrow.

have backed Federer to win 3-2 @ 11/2

Going with this again, 13/2 this time. Actually think 3-1 Federer is more likely but that's 9/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

What price was Federer at the start of Wimbledon? Wasn't paying too much attention to Wimbledon betting this year but I assume he was a backable price if Murray and Djokovic were ahead of him in the betting?

• Advertisement

What price was Federer at the start of Wimbledon? Wasn't paying too much attention to Wimbledon betting this year but I assume he was a backable price if Murray and Djokovic were ahead of him in the betting?

Pretty much the fav from the getgo circa, 3.5.
    AM had plenty of injury issues from the start, from memory 5.5-6.0.
    and ND had some 'personal issues'.
    The other from the quartet Nadal started long, but went shortish.

Advertisement