Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis Tips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Small bets on events like this are so relaxing when you're wrong.

Vinci looks to be more releaxed to me.

Wow. This is great to see. Totally different tennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Going for R-Fed tonight 6/5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

ND at either 3-1 or 3-2 are both fairly decent offerings (at around 4.5 & 5.9 respectively),
    If it looks like swinging the other way to Fed before the end of the 1st set,
    you may still be able to offset/lay and thus break-even during live play.
    Likely to be closely fought thing either way...

• Advertisement

Statistically, N Djokovic 3-1 is the most popular choice on the markets, perhaps double that with B Coric (x1.6) later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

Federer should win without a problem.. Could be 3-1 or 3-0

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

very poor opening set from both players. after 3 hours waiting it's looking like an anticlimax

Statistically, N Djokovic 3-1 is the most popular choice on the markets, perhaps double that with B Coric (x1.6) later tonight.

win&win, a tense game and a tough crowd.
    Core strength, physically (and mentally) - the secret weapon.

WTA tour

ANDREA HLAVACKOVA V SHELBY ROGERS

over 2.5 sets...odds 2.5

• Advertisement

mrdmb wrote: »
    WTA tour

ANDREA HLAVACKOVA V SHELBY ROGERS

over 2.5 sets...odds 2.5

ended 2-0

gonna try over 2.5 sets odds of 5/4 in this one

Barbora Krejcikova v Sesil Karatantcheva

also WTA Quebec city

ended 2-0

gonna try over 2.5 sets odds of 5/4 in this one

Barbora Krejcikova v Sesil Karatantcheva

also WTA Quebec city

also 2-0!

WTA...

Gibbs to win over Pegula..odds 2.2

Maria to win over Glatch odds 1.7

WTA...

Gibbs to win over Pegula..odds 2.2

Maria to win over Glatch odds 1.7

Use that spreadsheet when things go south. :)

Atp challenger tour

Adrian Ungur to win over Dusan Lasovic odds 2.3

Atp challenger tour

Adrian Ungur to win over Dusan Lasovic odds 2.3

Crap...never again playing small tournaments..:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Crap...never again playing small tournaments..:mad::mad:

Yep. Finished with them myself this while. Throwing away money. Sticking to big ones and the slams from now on.

Another try with wta...

A Beck to win over Ostapenko odds 1.72

Another try with wta...

A Beck to win over Ostapenko odds 1.72

Finally a winner..!

WTA Tokyo2

Ana Konjuh vs Risa Ozaki

Ozaki to win..odds..11/5

• Advertisement

Gulbis to win over Baghdatis this morning odds 1.83...

Julia Georges to win over J Larsson..odds 4/6....Georges in better form this tournament

Leonardo Mayer.. Vs Y Bai

Bai to win at least one set odds 9/4

Leonardo Mayer.. Vs Y Bai

Bai to win at least one set odds 9/4

Horrible play should have played Wu instead cuz I had a feeling a Chinese player will be competitive today

ATP Basel..

Rosol VS Nadal

Rosol to win the 1st set odds 10/3

Rosol has good indoor records and managed to win the 1st set against Tsonga and Monfils...Nadal could be tired after his recent run..

ATP Basel

D Theim VS R Haase

R Haase to win the match..odds 6/4...great value IMO..should have been 50/50 given how poor Thiem has been recently..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Nadal 12-1 to win the World Tour Finals - money in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Well lads what are the thoughts so far on the WTA finals in Singapore? I was surprised to see Sharapova beat Halep so convincingly yesterday. Maria hasnt had much tennis since July (her win over radwanzska was her first complete game since then). She had a perfect 5-0 record against Simona before yesterday so I guess it wasnt too big of a surprise.

Today Mugu plays Kerber. I really like Kerber has a player but she really struggles against the genuine power hitters. Her first serve is very inconsistent and allows the smashers like Williams, Mugu etc attack her second serve and really put her under pressure. She can't "kill" point like Mugu and relies on the more aggressive players making mistakes in the rallies. Last time these two played I had quite a large bet on Kerber but Mugu outlasted her in three sets. Kerber seems to have improved since then and her 50+ wins this year is testament to how consistent she is in all forms of the game. I would like to back her but I can't shake that last game from my head when even though it went to 3 sets, it wasnt as close as the score suggested. I think a small play on over 2 sets might be best and just enjoy the match itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Well lads what are the thoughts so far on the WTA finals in Singapore? I was surprised to see Sharapova beat Halep so convincingly yesterday. Maria hasnt had much tennis since July (her win over radwanzska was her first complete game since then). She had a perfect 5-0 record against Simona before yesterday so I guess it wasnt too big of a surprise.

Today Mugu plays Kerber. I really like Kerber has a player but she really struggles against the genuine power hitters. Her first serve is very inconsistent and allows the smashers like Williams, Mugu etc attack her second serve and really put her under pressure. She can't "kill" point like Mugu and relies on the more aggressive players making mistakes in the rallies. Last time these two played I had quite a large bet on Kerber but Mugu outlasted her in three sets. Kerber seems to have improved since then and her 50+ wins this year is testament to how consistent she is in all forms of the game. I would like to back her but I can't shake that last game from my head when even though it went to 3 sets, it wasnt as close as the score suggested. I think a small play on over 2 sets might be best and just enjoy the match itself.

Without Serena, the scraps are left for the rest of the gang. This is their best chance!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

skippymac6 wrote: »

Went as I expected and thankfully I copped on and backed Mugu before the off. She broke Kerber in the first match and never looked back. Kerber seems to be another Wozni where she is so consistent but against the really class power hitters, she's going to struggle.

Tomorrow Halep faces off against Radwanska and she will need to win at least a set to go through. She could be eliminated if she loses and Pennetta cause an upset against Sharapova. Halep played some very nice tennis in her loss to Maria, but she didnt capitalise on some good opportunities, esp when at 4-4 and 0-30 up in the first set on the Russian's serve. Radwanska hasnt picked up a set yet and I can't really see her not winning.

As i mentioned then, Sharapova is up against Pennetta in the second match and that should also go to form but to be fair, Pennetta improved considerably for her bagel in the first set against Halep in her first match and if Sharapova is through regardless of the result, she might be a play on the hcap games market.

Advertisement