Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange dream meaning?

Options
  • 20-09-2012 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

Hi new to this forum,

I had a reoccurring dream that's really irritating me, as to what it means etc.

I dreamed I was 9 months pregnant. (im not pregnant) My boyfriend was in work, so my mam came to stay during the day with me.
    I went into labour, and it started happening very quick. I tried calling my bf, but he wasn't answering his phone in work.
    My Mam delivered a baby girl on my apartment floor, and she was gorgeous, I loved her instantly, but kept trying to call my bf. (still no ans)
    Then my mam started giving out to me, saying "ah for God's sake, could you not have stopped yourself" and "you made such a mess"
    (I had had an accident while giving birth, and she was cleaning up) But she was really angry with me. :p
    Then all my family came to visit the baby, and my bf still hadn't come home from work.
    Then when he came in, I was in such a bad mood cause he missed the birth, my mam was angry and and all my family had seen my "accident"
    Any ideas what this means? xx Em

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 swanymcswanson

Hi i have absolutely no training or experience in dream analysis, was just bored so had a look online on different sites and forums to see what meaning could be extracted from your dream...

if you're not actually pregnant apparently to dream that you are pregnant symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing,you may not be able to act on yet..
    you're mother represents the nurturing side of your own character.mothers provide shelter,protection and guidance. however
    the fact that you converse with you're mother in your dream may suggest you have something which preoccupies your mind which you are unsure on how to deal with in your waking life.. It indicates unresolved problems that need to be worked out with your mother.

regarding your boyfriend,when someone is 'not there' or 'missing' in a dream it tends to equal not knowing where the relationship is going. the absence may equate uncertainty in your thoughts and feelings or his..

regarding the "mess" part there's actually a scary amount of analysis about this on the web!:O According to Freud, feces is related to possession, pride, shame, money/financial matters, or aggressive acts

To see a baby in your dream signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings. Babies symbolize something in your own inner nature that is pure, vulnerable, helpless and/or uncorrupted.

Im not sure exactly how you would define your dream, that goes beyond my training (and the lack there of. ha!)
    but hope the above information is useful..its actually really interesting reading up on the meanings of dreams. my reoccurring dream is one of the most common,the one where the teeth either fall out,crumble out,etc..very vivid,very horrific!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Hi i have absolutely no training or experience in dream analysis, was just bored so had a look online on different sites and forums to see what meaning could be extracted from your dream...

if you're not actually pregnant apparently to dream that you are pregnant symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing,you may not be able to act on yet..
    you're mother represents the nurturing side of your own character.mothers provide shelter,protection and guidance. however
    the fact that you converse with you're mother in your dream may suggest you have something which preoccupies your mind which you are unsure on how to deal with in your waking life.. It indicates unresolved problems that need to be worked out with your mother.

regarding your boyfriend,when someone is 'not there' or 'missing' in a dream it tends to equal not knowing where the relationship is going. the absence may equate uncertainty in your thoughts and feelings or his..

regarding the "mess" part there's actually a scary amount of analysis about this on the web!:O According to Freud, feces is related to possession, pride, shame, money/financial matters, or aggressive acts

To see a baby in your dream signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings. Babies symbolize something in your own inner nature that is pure, vulnerable, helpless and/or uncorrupted.

Im not sure exactly how you would define your dream, that goes beyond my training (and the lack there of. ha!)
    but hope the above information is useful..its actually really interesting reading up on the meanings of dreams. my reoccurring dream is one of the most common,the one where the teeth either fall out,crumble out,etc..very vivid,very horrific!

Thanks Swany, fair play to ya. x

Advertisement