Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will android prices go down?

Options
  • 19-09-2012 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

With the (unimpressive) Iphone 5 coming out soon, I'm just wondering will this bring down the price of android phones like the galaxy s3

I'm looking at buying the S3 soon and I'm not sure will it be worth waiting until the 5 is out.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

s4 is out in feb, start saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭colincork

God no! i need a new phone ASAP.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I wouldn't go expecting any massive price drops in the immediate future anyway. Get an S2 if you need something asap, decent deals on adverts.ie and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Not true

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

iPhone 5 will have NO impact on SGS3 price. It's a different market. Techies like the SGS3. Posers like the iPhone :eek:

Of course, I jest. SGS3 won't decrease in price for a long, long time. Look at the SGS2. It's not cheap, even though it's no longer the flagship. Why? Because people are still buying it.

As long as there is demand for the SGS3, retailers won't reduce the price. Simple economics.

S4 is NOT out in Feb. It was a hoax. A silly one at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

RangeR wrote: »
    Techies like the SGS3. Posers like the iPhone :eek

I'm a techie and i like the iPhone. Not a big fan on android. I could use it, i just don't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

TBi wrote: »
    I'm a techie and i like the iPhone. Not a big fan on android. I could use it, i just don't want to.

You obviously missed
    Of course, I jest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

You obviously missed

Ah damnit! It was so similar to a real argument by a person who hates iOS that i got confused! Maybe i couldn't handle android :O

Advertisement