Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a ring...advice needed

Options
  • 13-09-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, think this is probably the best place to ask!

Want to buy a ring as a gift for my gf of a year as an anniversary gift. I would like it to have a stone of some description but want to avoid the possibility of it being mistaken for an engagement ring. Where can nice and not tacky/nasty rings be bought in through Dublin region. Not sure about cost but again if i end up splashing 3months wages on it that would feel like overkill. General advice and ideas welcome.
    Thank you :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Does she know that's what you're getting her? Because unless she's fully aware that it has nothing to do with an engagement, the minute she sees it, she's going to assume you're proposing.

Also, rings are very personal. I bought my boyfriend a ring for our anniversary last month, but he picked it out with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I also think picking something out together is a good idea:)

My oh got me a sliver claddagh ring for my birthday one year. It cos €18 and I love it as much as I love my engagement ring:)

But, to answer your question, you could get her birthstone, or you could get her name in ogham writing on a ring? Or both of your initials, or love, something like that? I think they're lovely and less engagement-y.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well like she pointed out a very cheap ring is shop that she liked the look of and i have a feeling this was done to convey to me the style she likes...i'm pretty sure she knows Im not gonna be proposing any time soon as i've hinted as much to her. I kind of get the impression she'd like a ring as a gift but just that, a gift. God all this smoke and mirrors stuff is not my scene, just wanna get her a nice ring cause i love her and want to mark a milestone with her.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sorry SC as the charter says

"Don't

5) Post gift requests. Use the Gifts & Festivities forum.

And

9) The Ladies Lounge is not a place for men to come and start threads requesting opinions on X, Y and Z from women. Women aren't of a single mind or opinion."

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement