Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy romantic stories??

Options
  • 12-09-2012 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

I know there are more sad romance stories than happy but maybe we need to talk about the ones that worked out and are making people happy?

Whats yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I used to get up early every morning before my girlfriend woke up and brought her hot chocolate in bed before I left.

I then broke it off with her via text message on Valentines day so basically cancelled out the above :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Aw, great idea for a thread!

My boyfriend and I are together 6.5 years. We "met" then but turns out that a few of our friends were friends with each other. I have known his best friend through my friend since I was 14. We were in the same groups as teens and hung around in the same areas yet I never knew him. We went to the same pubs, gigs, festivals etc. as each other for years. The amount of times our paths crossed is unreal, but we only got to know each other when we were clearly both ready for the magnitude of our relationship.

I still get butterflies in my tummy when I see him or even think about his face. He is the funniest person I know and we are just so connected, there's no other way to describe it. We've lived together for almost six years and I cannot imagine my life without him.

Two years ago, I was diagnosed with MS out of the blue. I don't know if I would've survived as well as I have had he not been there to support me.

I heart him :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I was friends with my boyfriend through Boards before we got together. We talked all the time about everything. I was having a tough time, and he was such a great listener, and a lot of fun too. I used to send him anonymous flirty comments on another site we used, but he figured out it was me fast enough :D

We had both been through breakups that year, and neither of us wanted a relationship or anything. But he suggested a date so we could meet and set ourselves both up to move on. I was sure nothing would come of it, but knew I would have fun with him for one date anyway! So he came to my town to bring me out to dinner and left about 28 hours later. Never ran out of a thing to say and nearly 2 years on we still haven't. We liked each other too much to leave it at one date, so took it slow but were very soon mad for each other.

Last year we lived about 3 hours apart, and both worked full time jobs, him Monday-Friday and me in retail (so all the hours) so it was tough to find time to spend together. But we managed really well and always had so much fun. This year we are on different continents and have spent about 2 weeks together, but the best 2 weeks. I miss him like crazy but I'm never sad about it because I'm way too happy that I still have him in my life. I can't complain about being apart because I'm too grateful about the time we spend together, and the fact that we talk all day everyday anyway!

Can't recall a single day in our whole relationship he hasn't made me smile, laugh or feel loved. He is my rock and I hope very soon we will be together for real, and make decisions about our future together and it will be an adventure :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Bid08

Been with my b/f since we were teens and 10 years later we are going to pick up my enagement ring today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Bid08 wrote: »
    Been with my b/f since we were teens and 10 years later we are going to pick up my enagement ring today :D

HUGE congratulations!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

With my teenage sweetheart 16 yrs. Our mothers were good friends and I first met him when I was 4, he came over to my house and pushed me off a swing I remember :D I never liked him after that.

Met him again in the pub on my 18th, my friend was with me and he asked me to get her to go out with him :eek: Then when she wasn't interested he bought me a birthday drink and said he would take me to the cinema as a present the following week. He was drunk of course but we still went and things started from there.

We've been through a lot, 3 months after I was pregnant, we've had to deal with debt, homelessness, family stress, death, I've had awful problems with my mother that he's had to pick up the pieces of....he's always been there keeping me strong. I never really appreciated him until a few years ago when I had a breakdown, I gave him 2 yrs of hell. A lot of men would have walked but he was with me all the way and I'll always love him for that. I do not deserve him at all.

In two weeks we'll be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary and have two kids and like everyone life is tough right now but I feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

Advertisement