Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 - Ordering, delivery status, etc

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

I'm confused I sent back my faulty phone yesterday addressed to apple in tamworth with ups. Today it says its been delivered but in Charnwood? Apple still shows product return pending on my repair status.. Has something gone wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

The replacement I received is Production Week 42 and arrived with no scratches or scuffs & most importantly the screen is fully solid this time.

Only received it yesterday and fully charged it and it lasted an impressive 24 hours with 8 hours usage time which consisted mainly of texts & Wi-Fi browsing. Definitely an improvement on what I was getting with my original iPhone 5.

One thing is confusing me a bit though. My iPhone tells me the model is iPhone 5,2 but http://www.chipmunk.nl is saying the model is iPhone 5,1.

I presume 5,2 is going to be the iPhone 5S though. Maybe it's just a glitch in the iPhone's diagnostic reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Mine says 5,2 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Hi all,

Just a quick question to those of you who received your iPhones via UPS, my status changed to "shipped" yesterday, apple sent me an email with with a "track shipment" tag on it, however when I go into it it doesn't really give me much info. I.E where exactly the phone is, All it says is shipment dispatched.
    I was just wondering does the tracking status change on the apple site or do I have to go into the UPS site to track the phone?

Cheers
    Jay.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

jay28 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just a quick question to those of you who received your iPhones via UPS, my status changed to "shipped" yesterday, apple sent me an email with with a "track shipment" tag on it, however when I go into it it doesn't really give me much info. I.E where exactly the phone is, All it says is shipment dispatched.
    I was just wondering does the tracking status change on the apple site or do I have to go into the UPS site to track the phone?

Cheers
    Jay.

Apple does update their tracking page but you might find it better to just track it with the ups tracking number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Hi all,

Cheers
    Jay.

They give you a tracking number that you can paste in on ups.com/ie but it usually appears in the 24 hours after your order changes to shipped. It's a pretty long number. That will give you more accurate results. Just login to your apple account and go to the Apple tracking page. The number is under carrier tracking I think.

DubDJ wrote: »

They give you a tracking number that you can paste in on ups.com/ie but it usually appears in the 24 hours after your order changes to shipped. It's a pretty long number. That will give you more accurate results. Just login to your apple account and go to the Apple tracking page. The number is under carrier tracking I think.

Thanks,

Yeah I did see that number, it's a 10 digit number, however when I try it an error comes up, maybe as its the weekend it might not update. Ill try it again tomorrow sometime and see what happens,

Thanks

Thanks,

Yeah I did see that number, it's a 10 digit number, however when I try it an error comes up, maybe as its the weekend it might not update. Ill try it again tomorrow sometime and see what happens,

Thanks

Yeah that's the wrong number. Just check my iPhone 5 order page and it's supposed to be 18 digits long (usually starting with 1ZW). It's labeled as the tracking number. After my iPhone shipped the number appeared a few hours later. So just keep checking its probably delayed due to the weekend. Should be updated by tomorrow morning. Although the Bank Holiday in the UK might delay it further.

Yeah that's the wrong number. Just check my iPhone 5 order page and it's supposed to be 18 digits long (usually starting with 1ZW). It's labeled as the tracking number. After my iPhone shipped the number appeared a few hours later. So just keep checking its probably delayed due to the weekend. Should be updated by tomorrow morning. Although the Bank Holiday in the UK might delay it further.

Yeah I thought the tracking number didn't look right, ill keep an eye on it tomorrow and see if it changes,
    Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

quick question i ordered the 5 just over 3 weeks ago and they gave me a delivery date of 9th november to 15th,if i was to get it on the 15th i would be waiting nearly 5 weeks for it what are the chances of me getting it by the end of next week?

• Advertisement

quick question i ordered the 5 just over 3 weeks ago and they gave me a delivery date of 9th november to 15th,if i was to get it on the 15th i would be waiting nearly 5 weeks for it what are the chances of me getting it by the end of next week?

For those that ordered on launch day we were given a delivery window of the 24th - 31st. And we all got ours either the 23rd (TNT) or the 24th (UPS). So I'd say you could have yours on the 9th, if not before. Demand will start to die down and wait times will probably start getting shorter too.

I ordered mine on the 9th October, I had a delivery date of 5th November - 9th of November, my status changed yesterday to shipped, I hope to have mine Wednesday or Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I ordered mine on the 9th October, I had a delivery date of 5th November - 9th of November, my status changed yesterday to shipped, I hope to have mine Wednesday or Thursday.

If it has been shipped, expect delivery tomorrow.

For those that ordered on launch day we were given a delivery window of the 24th - 31st. And we all got ours either the 23rd (TNT) or the 24th (UPS). So I'd say you could have yours on the 9th, if not before. Demand will start to die down and wait times will probably start getting shorter too.

thanks i actually ordered it on the 13th so really hope i do have it by the end of next week,i bought a refurb ipad 3 yesterday and that went from processing to ready for shipment in the space of a few hours its just a bit frustrating when i check the iphone and its the same the last 3 weeks!

thanks i actually ordered it on the 13th so really hope i do have it by the end of next week,i bought a refurb ipad 3 yesterday and that went from processing to ready for shipment in the space of a few hours its just a bit frustrating when i check the iphone and its the same the last 3 weeks!

I'd say its almost certain you'll get it on the 9th. Going by most of the other orders which got them on the first date given.

just curious about my delivery it has shipped now and apple are giving me a delivery date of 13th which is 5 days away,im looking at the tracking on ups and it says its in tamworth England its hardly going to take 5 days to deliver it across the sea is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

just curious about my delivery it has shipped now and apple are giving me a delivery date of 13th which is 5 days away,im looking at the tracking on ups and it says its in tamworth England its hardly going to take 5 days to deliver it across the sea is it?

What was your estimated delivery date if you don't mind me asking? I got the 12 - 16th when I ordered was hoping there would be some movement this week, but doesn't look likely now.

Spud83 wrote: »
    What was your estimated delivery date if you don't mind me asking? I got the 12 - 16th when I ordered was hoping there would be some movement this week, but doesn't look likely now.

I got the 9th to 15th and ordered it on the 13th October

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I got the 9th to 15th and ordered it on the 13th October

Cheers I ordered on the 17th guess I could be looking mid to late next week then.

Mine left tamworth on Monday evening, then went to Germany and then Dublin, I still received it at lunchtime on Tuesday via ups, so I would say you should have yours tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Mine left tamworth on Monday evening, then went to Germany and then Dublin, I still received it at lunchtime on Tuesday via ups, so I would say you should have yours tomorrow.

Yeah the same route for me today,phone arrived around 3pm it was a long wait but well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

anybody after a brandnew 16gb black locked to o2 pm me

iPhone 5 wait times have dropped from the previous 3-4 weeks to 2-3 weeks now. They're either catching up with demand or the demand for the 5 has dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Phone due to come today. Ordered it on the 30th of last month. Called TNT there a few moments ago only to be told "oops, it accidentally went to sligo" and that its all okay it will be sent to their shannon depot tonight and tomorrow morning to our house by courier.

Last time I ordered something through TNT, I had to wait 5 days after the specified delivery date, drive to the dept myself, wait 20 minutes while they told me my packages had been lost, and then finally have them go look for them before they FOUND THEM, and then tried to tell me it was too late in the day for them to sign them out as the computer had already been turned off inside the place.

They're the worst couriers who operate in this country.

Surely they should send it out to the house tonight by taxi if they don't have any drivers working late, since they made an internal error with my address? If given the choice I will never use tnt again.

This year UPS we're 1 day later with delivery on all the first round orders compared to TNT. You just got unlucky i'd say.

On a slightly related note the NZ and AUS Apple Online Stores have dropped the iPhone 5 shipping estimate to 1 week. So They're catching up on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

This year UPS we're 1 day later with delivery on all the first round orders compared to TNT. You just got unlucky i'd say.

On a slightly related note the NZ and AUS Apple Online Stores have dropped the iPhone 5 shipping estimate to 1 week. So They're catching up on demand.

First time fair enough but this kind of bother two times in a row, unlucky or not, they've made a terrible impression on me and won't get my money again

Advertisement