Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreams about Family Dying

Options
  • 09-09-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Recently I've been reading into dreaming and how your mind works and interpretation of dreams etc. I'm hoping someone could help me see the significance of a somewhat disturbing dream I had last night.

First off I dreamt that a neighbour asked me to mind her 3 month old baby (in reality, I don't have a neighbour with a baby) for a bit when she was in town. I was in my house and supposed to be on my own, but my sister hid away and stayed at home with me. We went to the garden and just outside the backdoor of my house there is about 2 metres of concrete before the grass starts. I had to take in the washing so I asked my 11 year old sister to hold the baby, but the dog barked and startled her and she let the baby fall flat on its back onto the concrete. I was running down the garden to help but by the time I got there the baby was dead and my sister and I were crying, her 'cause it was her fault and me because I knew I was supposed to be there on my own and so I had to take the blame for letting my neighbours baby die.

I woke up from that ordeal in a slight panic, but not the heart-pounding frightning pain when you have a nightmare and didn't have too much troouble getting back to sleep.

I then had a worse dream 3 times in succession, where my mam went onto the road in front of the house (we live in the country) for some reason I can't recall, but out of nowhere a car appears and hit her and the driver then shot her. I don't know how but all of a sudden she was lying on the kitchen floor waiting for the ambulance and I'm trying to hold her an keep her concious and play with her hair and I remember slapping her face and pulling open her eyelids trying to make her stay awake but it was too late and she dies whilst I'm trying to keep her alive. I didn't wake up but the whole thing just starts over except this time my dad and sister are in the kitchen with me and I was fuming with my dad because it was his fault (I don't know how, but I knew it was in my dream) and again she dies. The third time I know it was me and my dad who had to out my seemingly unaware mother onto the road to be killed by the oncoming care, becasue for some reason we thought she would be better off dead.

I don't know what caused them, what they meant, but they really disturbed me, and I woke up this morning feeling lonely and in mourning nearly for my mother because I thought she was dead. But them I could hear her in the house and it wasn't a relief as much as confusion that I could still hear her. What struck me, though, was how vivid and lifelike it was - I could feel her hair in my hands, and her eyes opening and closing with a dead glassiness on them. Usually dreams don;t upset me, the're just dreams, no matter what their significance, but this one was different; it scared me. I'm only 16 btw and sometimes I do get worried that maybe, my mam won't be there for me, or that me and my dad won't speak, but last night was the deepest, strangest feeling I ever had.

If anyone has any opinions or suggestions, please put them down below. Thanks.

Advertisement