Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sleep lines on my face!!

• 08-09-2012 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Help! I sleep with my two hands clasped together under one side of my face and its leaving a crease. Ive always slept like this and I believe its genetic as my Dad and Grandad also sleep in the same position(so I find it hard to change position) . The problem is that I get two little crease lines on my skin just under my eye and Ive noticed that the older Im getting the longer they take to fade during the day. Sometimes they dont go at all. Im only 29(female) and have no wrinkles yet and I dont want to cause any! Ive tried sleeping with a glove on but that didnt work . I know this is a weird problem but can anyone help!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

try really hard to sleep in a different position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

Only one way to solve that, i guess you'll have to handcuff your hands to the bedposts.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 psychk

Thanks but I cant .ive tried several times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

wear socks on your hands :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

Put your hands under the pillow in the same place that they would usually be.

• Advertisement

Thanks but I cant coz they have to be touching my face. I think the skin to skin contact is what makes it comfortable.

Thanks, Ill try but prob be the same as wearing a glove which didnt work

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Don't confuse genetics with habit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

Your options appear to be:

1. Change your sleeping position; or
    2. Learn to accept the marks caused by your sleeping position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I'm sure your aware as we age collagen production decreases, so your skin no longer springs back into it's plump state after long periods in a creased position.

These creases will eventually be etched into the surface of your skin ie wrinkles. If you want to improve/slow this down then you need to stop sleeping in this position, try sleeping on your back.If you can't get out of that habit then you need to be applying a thick night cream to this side of the face to help keep it supple.This won't get rid of the crease but will help with the appearance.

In the morning try massaging the skin with a moisturiser,this will increase the blood flow and help the skin relax back into shape.

• Advertisement

Thanks.ya i use a fairly good moisturiser, I think I might be over reacting a small bit, the creases still dissapear and are not there every morning, think i jus need to shove my hand up a bit toward the side of my forehead!!

Advertisement