Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the same dreams constantly :/

Options
  • 07-09-2012 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

I often have dreams where I am hiding and running from someone who is looking for me. It is usually the same dream over and over again. Im not really sure how often it happens but it feels like every few months, however, sometimes it takes me days to even remember that I had the dream so perhaps it happens more often and i just forget about it.

One dream involves me running around my parents house trying to find somewhere to hide or a way to escape because someone is after me. The part that i particularly remember is when i can see the person on a certain step of the stairs. The person usually has a weapon of some sort but they never catch me before I wake up. I never know the person in this dream.

The second dream involves me hiding in a cave with someone I know (I can never remember who) and I am looking across water through a fog at an old house and there is a woman that i know (but again can never remember who) and there is a light shining across at me like a lighthouse.I keep hiding and hoping that i can sneak out of the cave to escape without being seen by her. Eventually she crosses the water in a boat and I panic knowing my time is running out to escape and the minute she arrives to the cave I wake up.

When I was a young child I constantly had the exact same dream that large animals like rhinos and elephants would run in the back door and I would hide and they always ran by me. It happened so often that I can still remember exactly how the dream went.

I used to also have a dream that there was a man on the ceiling over my head looking down over me. I could never see his face despite the fact he was staring at me poker faced. He was always in the exact same position every time and the entire dream involved me looking back up at him.. That was really spooky because it was about where I was exactly at that point i.e in bed looking up at the ceiling :(

Does anyone know what they might mean? Every little detail is exactly the same each time the dream occurs which i find bizarre! Why is this? I have never heard anyone speaking about having the same dream over and over again before. They don't really bother me. In fact when I am experiencing the dream I know that I have experienced it before and feel like I know what I have to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 thequieterone

Hey,

did you ever have any experience of being chased when you were very young, even by older friends/cousin etc but u were frightened all the same because you didnt understand, i'm guessing this could relate to it if it's recurring from childhood.
    otherwise i'd guess the current one now about hiding/running away... have you bank loans/mortgage, owe friends/family money..
    Is there something going on in your personal life that you're "running away" from .. ?

sorry i'm complete amateur, only taking guesses from when i used to read dream interpretation books!

If really unpleasant, do you have them every night or nights when you're over stressed/ extra tired.. i'd recommend herbal tea before bed.--- from experience.

Hope they go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

Hey,

did you ever have any experience of being chased when you were very young, even by older friends/cousin etc but u were frightened all the same because you didnt understand, i'm guessing this could relate to it if it's recurring from childhood.
    otherwise i'd guess the current one now about hiding/running away... have you bank loans/mortgage, owe friends/family money..
    Is there something going on in your personal life that you're "running away" from .. ?

sorry i'm complete amateur, only taking guesses from when i used to read dream interpretation books!

If really unpleasant, do you have them every night or nights when you're over stressed/ extra tired.. i'd recommend herbal tea before bed.--- from experience.

Hope they go away.

no wouldn't be stressed about anything. Like I said they don't really bother me. I'm more curious as to why its EXACTLY the same dream everytime with nothing different happening in them. :confused:

Thanks though :)

Advertisement