Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Radio Job Spot

13»

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ Alicano


    Hi All.
    Sorry it's not a paid job :) But more of an opportunity.
    We are seeking two volunteers to join us on the 'Near FM Sessions'.

    Show: Live band performances/interviews in studio. On air promotion of all unsigned Irish music. Every Thursday 8-pm 90.3fm. You can find us on Facebook/Twitter and on Sound cloud.

    Required: Two reliable, enthusiastic people. Preferably with experience of radio environment. Studio set up, sound desk, presenting, interviewing, recording/editing and upload of show online. Social media duties etc. Preference for one individual with good background in sound engineering. There would be a requirement to eventually complete Near FM's volunteer course (6 weeks 1 evening p/w).

    Have a look at http://nearfm.ie to see what we do. Near is a long established Dublin community radio station with a wide range of programming.
    PM me to chat further about this opportunity.
    Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing from some of you. :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ Radio5


    http://www.clare.fm/vacancy/job-vacancy-senior-broadcast-journalist/

    Had a look at their presenters, very male dominated apart from the trad programmes at night.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭ MarkN


    FM104 seeks experienced weekend presenter

    FM104, Dublin’s biggest music station, is looking for on air talent to join the team.

    This position will initially involve weekend work and early starts so if you’re a fan of the snooze button, this gig may not be for you!

    However, if you’re looking to get on board and have 2 years on air experience, knowledge of RCS Zetta or Master Control and know your Snapchat from your Instagram, we want to hear from you.

    This is a great opportunity for on air talent to progress within FM104 and the wider Wireless Group including market leading on air shift rate.

    Please email a demo mp3 (no more than 3 minutes) to [email protected] and [email protected]

    Closing date for applicants is Friday March 31st 2017.


  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ Alicano


    MarkN wrote: »
    FM104 seeks experienced weekend presenter

    FM104, Dublin’s biggest music station, is looking for on air talent to join the team.

    This position will initially involve weekend work and early starts so if you’re a fan of the snooze button, this gig may not be for you!

    However, if you’re looking to get on board and have 2 years on air experience, knowledge of RCS Zetta or Master Control and know your Snapchat from your Instagram, we want to hear from you.

    This is a great opportunity for on air talent to progress within FM104 and the wider Wireless Group including market leading on air shift rate.

    Please email a demo mp3 (no more than 3 minutes) to [email protected] and [email protected]

    Closing date for applicants is Friday March 31st 2017.

    Nice opportunity. Good luck to those who apply. :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ Alicano


    Alicano wrote: »
    Hi All.
    Sorry it's not a paid job :) But more of an opportunity.
    We are seeking two volunteers to join us on the 'Near FM Sessions'.

    Show: Live band performances/interviews in studio. On air promotion of all unsigned Irish music. Every Thursday 8-pm 90.3fm. You can find us on Facebook/Twitter and on Sound cloud.

    Required: Two reliable, enthusiastic people. Preferably with experience of radio environment. Studio set up, sound desk, presenting, interviewing, recording/editing and upload of show online. Social media duties etc. Preference for one individual with good background in sound engineering. There would be a requirement to eventually complete Near FM's volunteer course (6 weeks 1 evening p/w).

    Have a look at http://nearfm.ie to see what we do. Near is a long established Dublin community radio station with a wide range of programming.
    PM me to chat further about this opportunity.
    Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing from some of you. :)

    Just giving this a bump. Come on radio enthusiasts!. Join us :D


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭ Red Fred


    Saw this on Radio Today. Might be of interest to somebody on here.

    News Journalist

    Northern Sound is seeking applications for the position of full-time News Journalist. The successful candidate must have previous experience as a journalist and an excellent knowledge of what matters in Cavan and Monaghan. The role will be based in Monaghan.

    Apply in writing, enclosing your CV to [email protected] by January 10


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ Radio5


    Radio Kerry are running ads looking for a sports journalist at the moment. I don't have a link to anything about it though.


  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 wnolan1992


    Radio5 wrote: »
    Radio Kerry are running ads looking for a sports journalist at the moment. I don't have a link to anything about it though.

    They are indeed. Link here, but you'll need to be fast if you want to apply as closing date is tomorrow at 5pm.


    On another note, iRadio are looking for people to join their iTeam street crew thingy. Here's a link.


  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭ Anna Rack


    Tipp Fm are looking for a breakfast presenter..All the details can be found on their website..


  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭ Anna Rack


    Drivetime Presenter:
    What separates you from every other presenter?
    Have YOU GOT?

    Personality
    Local knowledge
    Social media skills
    Production techniques (Adobe or Pro-Tools or equivalent)
    Music knowledge
    If you possess these skills, WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU.

    Clare FM is seeking a Full-Time Drivetime Presenter.
    The successful applicant must have at least 18 months on-air experience in the Irish commercial radio industry.

    Enjoy working on outside broadcasts, possess good production skills, ability to work to deadlines along with a passion for producing great radio is a must.

    Full driving licence is essential.

    Please send your Demo (MP3 Only) along with your CV to Padraic Flaherty, Programme Director. [email protected] by Tuesday May 29th 2018.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭ Red Fred


    Q102 are looking for weekend swing jocks.

    http://radiotodayjobs.com/job/presenters-dublins-q102/


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭ Red Fred




  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭ Red Fred


    Shannonside Northern Sound are looking for two news journalists, one for Shannonside FM based in Longford and one for Northern Sound based in Monaghan.

    Applicants should have at least two years newsroom experience and a good knowledge of social media.

    Applications to [email protected] or [email protected], depending on which job you're applying for by 5 pm on Wed 31 July.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭ Expunge


    Some exceptional guff in this one.......


    https://radiotodayjobs.com/job/dj-producer/

    "We are interested to hear from DJs / Presenters that consider themselves 'with it' - 'current' - 'coherent' - 'informed' and are aware that 'Music' didn't stop being made in 1989"

    "Ours is a unique, educated, discerning, informed, audience - both influenced and influencers."

    "Our Audience is in Greystones, and the many people that are attracted to 'Brand Greystones' - where the Sun shines, people Swim in the mornings, eat Granola, while doing Handstands!"


  • Registered Users Posts: 19 ✭✭✭ Delganyman


    As someone with plenty of radio experience (albeit not on air for a while) and living locally to greystones, I might have contacted GCR about a return to air but that ad has totally put me off.


  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ Alicano


    Expunge wrote: »
    Some exceptional guff in this one.......


    https://radiotodayjobs.com/job/dj-producer/

    "We are interested to hear from DJs / Presenters that consider themselves 'with it' - 'current' - 'coherent' - 'informed' and are aware that 'Music' didn't stop being made in 1989"

    "Ours is a unique, educated, discerning, informed, audience - both influenced and influencers."

    "Our Audience is in Greystones, and the many people that are attracted to 'Brand Greystones' - where the Sun shines, people Swim in the mornings, eat Granola, while doing Handstands!"

    Such nonsense.. :rolleyes:


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    Expunge wrote: »
    Some exceptional guff in this one.......


    https://radiotodayjobs.com/job/dj-producer/

    "We are interested to hear from DJs / Presenters that consider themselves 'with it' - 'current' - 'coherent' - 'informed' and are aware that 'Music' didn't stop being made in 1989"

    "Ours is a unique, educated, discerning, informed, audience - both influenced and influencers."

    "Our Audience is in Greystones, and the many people that are attracted to 'Brand Greystones' - where the Sun shines, people Swim in the mornings, eat Granola, while doing Handstands!"
    That's not really what this thread is for, but you're dead right in posting it. Not a great reflection on GCR at all -- I don't need or want to be "influenced" by some eejit eating granola while upside down. It's also hinted that the role may be unpaid.


  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭ Anna Rack


    Do you simply love sports of all disciplines? Do you have good verbal and written communication skills? Are you digital savvy? Have you good organisational skills? Do you want to lead the way, instead of following? Then, Tipp FM may have the job for you. We are currently looking to expand our sports team. We want to meet ambitious journalists who have a particular passion for sports, and want to be part of a busy news-room where their contribution is valued. This is a position suited to a journalist who is passionate about going the extra mile to get a story and understands the value of good content. Full driving licence will be essential as well as a minimum of two years experience in a media role.

    The Responsibilities:

    Responsible for sports reports /content / interviews. Ensuring that all major sports are covered within the County. Liasing with programming on all live match coverage. Selection of reporters and matches to be covered. Building a relationship with all sports bodies within the County Attendance at sports meetings/AGM’s (this can occur outside normal hours) Preparation of written content for our media platforms. Presenting news and sports bulletins. Suggestions for programme content.

    To apply
    Please send a demo (MP3 Only) and cv to [email protected] by 5pm Friday, November 15th 2019.


  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭ Anna Rack


    Tipp FM is offering a great opportunity for a Content Director & On Air Presenter.
    Duties include direct management of programming staff for Tipp FM.



    The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of programming
    including; Over-viewing the music scheduling, Coaching on-air staff, Station
    strategy, Development of On-Air/online promotions, along with content creation
    for digital.

    We’re looking for a track record of success with focus on the need to be relevant for our listeners in Tipperary.

    You need to be versatile and possess exceptional On-Air ability along with
    web/social media skills.

    Your team will be required to deliver digital and social strategies and must be
    as engaging as on-air mechanics and execution.

    Successful candidate will be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and react in a calm and decisive manner. Excellent people skills and the ability to work closely with talent, department heads and sales team are critical.

    Key Responsibilities:

    Create, implement, and manage the sound, image, music, brand, and standards of Tipp FM through On Air and all distribution channels.

    Successfully coach, direct, develop, appraise and motivate on-air talent to maximize their performance.

    Deliver unique content for Tipperary, increase JNLR figures and grow digital audience.
    Work closely with the sales team to develop and enhance client relationships and revenue.

    Ensure Tipp FM is run in accordance with BAI regulations and policies

    What We Offer:

    Professional growth and career path, focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions

    Please forward your CV & Demo to [email protected]

    Deadline is 5pm Monday March 23rd 2020.

    Tipp FM is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.


  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭ Chakra Blue


    Talkshow Presenter – FM104


    FM104

     1 active job (view)  www.fm104.ie

    Published

    May 19, 2022

    Location

    Dublin

    Category

    Programming  

    Job Type

    Republic of Ireland  

    Remuneration

    Paid

    Closing Date

    2022/05/29

    DESCRIPTION

    FM104 is the leading local commercial broadcaster in Dublin. FM104 was the first local commercial station launched in Ireland and has held an enviable position at the top of the market for many years as Dublin's Hit Music station. Designed for 15-34 year old Dubliners, FM104 is the soundtrack to their young, urban lifestyle.

    The Role

    FM104 is recruiting for a presenter to host our flagship news and current affairs programme. We're looking for an experienced, creative and ambitious person who lives and breathes young, fun Dublin.

    What you’ll do

    In this exciting and fast paced role, you will:

    • Present the programme live in studio
    • Generate, and develop, creative and original ideas
    • Create and edit imaginative audio pieces for the programme
    • Lead the agenda on what 15-34s in Dublin are talking about
    • Identify and develop new angles and contributors on matters of interest to young Dubliners.
    • Other duties as required

    If the following traits sound like you, you may be the right person for the job:

    • You have a strong interest in news and current affairs
    • You are curious and inquisitive, with a willingness to ask questions, but also to listen.
    • You possess an ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
    • You have knowledge of defamation law and BAI Codes of Conduct.
    • You have a broad range of interests, and follow news, politics, sport, business, celebrity news, social issues and more
    • You’re a self-starter who can identify and develop items for broadcast
    • You are technically proficient in using on air playout systems and desks, Adobe Audition and/or other audio editing software, with the ability to use a variety of recording equipment.
    • You stay up to date with the tastes and needs of our target audience

    Experience:

    • The ideal candidate will have at least one years’ experience in a similar role.

    Please apply here.

    Closing date for applications is May 29th


     





     



  • Advertisement
Advertisement