Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thats gota hurt

Options
  • 05-09-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭

Just came across this video on afloats website. not sure how to embed int in the page

http://youtu.be/BtwaotRf09U

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bpmdj

Looks like the throttle cable snapped? They were lucky that the pilot was using the killchord correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Not a life jacket/buoyancy aid in sight.
    Idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

theres alot of idiots out there who bought speed boats and jet skis coz they thought its a coool thing to have but havent a clue how to use them or handle them or even show respect to other water users as shown by the idiot driving this boat.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Lucky no one was killed and that it didn't flip :eek:
    I say the driver had a sore head after hitting the hand rail.

article-2196765-14C8EA70000005DC-111_634x353.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

came across this vid on another site and a poster left this..

I was a passenger in this boat during the accident. Yes, there are many cardinal rules broken. The most important one I feel is no life jackets worn. As crazy as it seems, we had jackets for each person but as the poker run began we realized no one else was wearing them..... How foolish we were. I have read so many nasty comments on YouTube and other sites I am in shock. My wife suffered 4 broken ribs, punctured lung and a broken foot. She has not left the house since getting home. She is in severe pain. The driver crushed his eye orbital and broke hus back at T8 ( he is a former F-2 racer with APBA). Another passenger who raced professionally for many years broke his pelvis in several places and is in a wheelchair. One of the other girls crushed her eye orbital also. The guy from lake tv fractured his hip and broke his wrist. My injuries were minor compared, busted my head open and damaged a rib or two. Everyone is black and blue. This was a very upsetting event for everyone involved. I have been around powerboats for many years and it only takes on unguarded minute to loose a life or permanently hurt people you love. I am very thankful this did not end up worse. I hope everyone learns from this. I know I will boat differently. All of the guys in the boat are members of OSO. I think it is necessary to break down the accident and discuss this, just remember these are real people who like you who love power boating and do it every weekend

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Taken from http://www.accidentin.com/article54769532/viral_video_sparks_extra_boating_ticket.htm

Lake of the Ozarks, Mo. — A video of a boating accident on Lake of the Ozarks not only caught national attention, but also lead to a second ticket for the driver of the power boat.

The accident was videotaped on Aug 24 near the 22-mile marker when a 2003 Fountain power boat hit a large wake. One of the passengers on the boat was from a lake area media outlet. The video showed the driver and passengers being slammed from side to side and against each other as the boat hit waves.

Over the course of several days, the video captured headlines and attention locally and on national news programs.

The driver of the boat, Marvin Carter, 48 of Memphis, Tenn., was originally ticketed for careless and imprudent driving. After the tape was sent to the Highway Patrol, officers reviewed the footage and issued a second ticket for allowing passenger to ride on rear deck without adequate railing.

The investigation indicated the boat was traveling too fast with speeds possibly reaching as high as 70 mph.
    According to the Missouri Highway Patrol accident report, when the boat hit the large wake, the boat was hit by waves on each side of the boat throwing the driver and passengers around. the driver and all six passengers on board were injured as they boat slammed back and forth between the waves. Five of the injured were taken to Lake Regional Hospital for treatment, Two refused treatment. Injuries ranged from moderate to minor. Damage to the boat was listed as minor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

One thing I will say is who ever mounted the camera knew what they were doing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 catgirl2012

omg!!!! that was hard to look at! hope they are ok!!

Advertisement