Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration Fees

Options
  • 05-09-2012 8:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭

I'm starting the first year of a nursing degree next week and have been sent a giro to pay the registration fee of €2250. The letter states that enrollment will not take place until this is paid.

I have an application in with SUSI for a grant to cover fees, have sent off the supporting documents but I'm still waiting to hear back from them.
    Will I be expected to pay all of the reg fee while I wait for SUSI? or half of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 shubj

Hi,

I already spoke to them about this and you don't pay if your grant is pending. Just bring your letter from SUSI which asks for your documents and that will do until you are approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pinksparkle

Im starting next week too, but I still havent received a letter from SUSI for documents so what do I do? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 shubj

Definitely ring them if you haven't heard anything at all 0761087874.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pinksparkle

Thanks will give it a go cause dont know what college will say if I show up with nothing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

Thanks will give it a go cause dont know what college will say if I show up with nothing :(

How long ago did you fill in the SUSI application?

Where you were e-mailed a copy of the filled in application by SUSI a few days after applying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 unitedhatred

I have the letter asking for the documents to be sent off.

Will that do?

I haven't heard anything other than back from them yet. I rang them and asked if there was any way to "prove" that I would be getting the grant but they said there wasn't, I'd just have to wait for it to be granted which isn't much good if I need it for next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

I have the letter asking for the documents to be sent off.

Will that do?

I haven't heard anything other than back from them yet. I rang them and asked if there was any way to "prove" that I would be getting the grant but they said there wasn't, I'd just have to wait for it to be granted which isn't much good if I need it for next week

As far as I know the letter asking for documents will be enough. That is all we have at this stage as I've not heard of anyone getting the confirmation from SUSI that grant has been awarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 unitedhatred

I rang LYIT this morning and I was told the letter asking for the documents is fine

Advertisement