Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late for turkeys?

Options
  • 04-09-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all. I'm new to this part of the forum...

We reared 5 turkeys last year which was a great success - they were the regular white ones and they got very big so we were going to go for the bronze ones this year as they grow slower apparently?

Anyway, I'm just wondering have we left it too late to get them? I rang a guy from Donedeal this morning but he only had cocks left :( I'm looking for 2 hens...

Any advice? I'm in South Tipp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

Don't have advice - but there were young turkeys for sale at Coonagh poultry sale in Limerick 2 weeks ago. You should be able to get them - but may need to pay more as they'll be older ........ and maybe more again for the bronze if their growth is slower?

Tried donedeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

i do buy my white turkeys the week after the ploughing match (last week of sept) at 6 weeks old. They do be 20-22lbs at xmass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

no i fatten a few of each every year, i buy them all the last week of september and they fatten up not a bother, grand big birds.

Only problem this year is the price of the turkey feed

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭mattthetrasher

you are ok for a month or so yet i am going to collect mine in cahir or clonmel in 2 0r 3 weeks from now he goes every friday avondale poultry or cronins he trades as

Advertisement