Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais price rise

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Interesting to see that our Northern brethren are getting a reduction in electricity due to an "easing" in gas and coal prices

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19343459

Irish regulator is justifying the price hike by blaming a larger than expected decrease in value of euro against sterling.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Ardent wrote: »
    Irish regulator is justifying the price hike by blaming a larger than expected decrease in value of euro against sterling.

You'd think the two would largely cancel each other out then... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

You'd think the two would largely cancel each other out then...

How would they cancel each other out. Gas prices in dollars have generally gone up, the € has gone down. Both increase the price here.

It is not rocket science, in the last 3 years sterling has appreciated 20% against the Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Tabnabs wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0904/8-5-increase-in-bord-gais-gas-prices-approved.html

More than 400,000 Bord Gáis customers are facing higher gas bills after the Commission for Energy Regulation approved an 8.5% rise in residential gas prices for the company.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19343459

Power NI has announced a 14% cut in electricity prices for Northern Ireland customers.

Says it all really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Switched both gas and electricity this morning. Bonkers.ie recommended Flogas for gas and Bord Gáis for electricity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I signed a 2 year fixed contract with airtricity this year. I assume they can't put my electric up for 2 years? If they do this is that a breach of contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

snaps wrote: »
    I signed a 2 year fixed contract with airtricity this year. I assume they can't put my electric up for 2 years? If they do this is that a breach of contract?

Depends on what the T&Cs say!
    Is it a fixed discount compared to the BGE tariff or is it a fixed kWh cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Heroditas wrote: »
    snaps wrote: »

Depends on what the T&Cs say!
    Is it a fixed discount compared to the BGE tariff or is it a fixed kWh cost?
    have a funny feeling its a fixed discount

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Ardent wrote: »

do we buy gas in sterling? I thought it all came through Europe, from Russia. The UK import 40% of their gas as it is so I doubt we buy any from them

• Advertisement
Advertisement