Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is the best protein

Options
  • 02-09-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

hey im looking to gain muscle and rebuild muscle i havent used any protein yet and was wondering which would be the best for this ? :D i do go to the gym on a regular basis and have weights at home which i would use a good bit :) any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

robbie3045 wrote: »
    hey im looking to gain muscle and rebuild muscle i havent used any protein yet and was wondering which would be the best for this ? :D i do go to the gym on a regular basis and have weights at home which i would use a good bit :) any help would be appreciated

Meat, lots of meat!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 robbie3045

any legal things i could take or just anything that wont end up killing me or ruining my life

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Optimum nutrition Gold standard is the best protein around imo!

thanks is it expensive ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

any legal things i could take or just anything that wont end up killing me or ruining my life

I can't think of any legal supplements that would do that.

Eat steak, chicken, eggs, fish, milk, cottage cheese etc. . If you still aren't getting 2g of protein per kg of bodyweight then supplement with whatever whey you fancy.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

I can't think of any legal supplements that would do that.

Eat steak, chicken, eggs, fish, milk, cottage cheese etc. . If you still aren't getting 2g of protein per kg of bodyweight then supplement with whatever whey you fancy.

i find it very hard to stick to a diet and just end up eating alot of food that is bad for me which is probably why i am not bulking up in muscle the protein is just a way to hep out i would love to be able to stick to a diet it would help alot

No it's not too expensive, 50 euro for a tub with 73 servings! Depending on how much you take it could last you a couple of months. I usually take 1-2 scoops with water or milk after the gym. Your better off getting it online, I order from discountsupplements.ie

No it's not too expensive, 50 euro for a tub with 73 servings! Depending on how much you take it could last you a couple of months. I usually take 1-2 scoops with water or milk after the gym. Your better off getting it online, I order from discountsupplements.ie

thanks for the help :D what is the difference between using milk and water ? is water just a way to keep off weight and is milk a way to gain weight ?

I'm tying to bulk up so trying try to get as many calories in as possible. Milk is also high in protein do you get the extra bit of protein from it. Tastes really nice with milk also!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

ON is nowhere near the best. It is hyped to the ****in hilt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

i preferr Reflex natural whey - doesnt taste great (its bland) but its not full of artificial sh1te and has 90 servings per tub for cheaper than ON gold standard

i buy it here (i live in london btw so shipping might bring it higher for you)

http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/reflex-natural-whey/1187

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

There is so many quality brands out that everyone has their favorites, you will get so many different answers.

imo Dymatize is the best.

I'm tying to bulk up so trying try to get as many calories in as possible. Milk is also high in protein do you get the extra bit of protein from it. Tastes really nice with milk also!

thanks for the help i will try it and see how it goes

Higher wrote: »

what would you think is the best for muscle gain and muscle rebuild ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

i find it very hard to stick to a diet and just end up eating alot of food that is bad for me which is probably why i am not bulking up in muscle the protein is just a way to hep out i would love to be able to stick to a diet it would help alot

By protein do you mean protein shakes? I'm not trying to nitpick but protein is simply a macro nutrient.

Are you recording your kcals and macros somehow? If not I recommend myfitness pal or fitday.com. There's no way of pinning down why you are putting on weight without know this.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

most of them are just variations of the same stuff really.

you're best off just going into one of the shops in town and talking to someone there, I started recentlly too using shakes. I'd say you should just buy a small one first to see if you like it and stuff.

but really if your diet is as bad as you say it is, that's the first thing you should work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

If you want a supplement at the end of the day whey is probably your best bet & most whey is of the same standard! http://www.myprotein.com/ie/products/impact-whey-protein €62 for 5kg, it's hard to beat!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

thanks for the help :D what is the difference between using milk and water ? is water just a way to keep off weight and is milk a way to gain weight ?

Using water gets the protein into your system faster. When you use milk, the protein gets absorbed more slowly by your stomache.

For example, after a training session, I'd drink a water-based shake and then before going to bed, I'd take a milk-based shake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

You're going to get a load of varied opinions on a forum. But its all down to personal preference try 'em all. See what sits best with your stomach. Don't be overly concerned with the price tag as if you strive to get the cheapest bang for your buck it mightn't necessarily be worth the extra €1 saved.

I personally dislike, Matador and Nutrition X. But like I said each to their own. Favorite brands would be ON Gold Standard Rocky Road, Maximuscle Promax Mint choc chip or some BSN strawberry

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭singlesnights

Higher wrote: »

The Chocolate Supreme does taste great though.

I make a great chocolate pudding with their Casein. Ideal for making protein fluff too because it mixes so well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement