Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxigen reducing number of Bin collections Drogheda Area

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Has anyone tried approaching any of the bin companies from a residents association perspective and asking for a special discount if you can get all or most of the residents to switch over?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Came here to find out about price increase with TagABin, but Scotty's suggestion above is a fantastic idea. There is another side to this, which is really important when it's warm like it is now and when you are sleeping with windows open. Where I live in Wheaton Hall, the noise pollution from refuse collection trucks every Monday morning is pretty bad - I mean there's at least three service providers coming in with at least 5 different trucks. And the layout of the estate means I can hear from the the other cul-de-sac as well.

This also a good idea even from a environmental point of view - it surely would be more beneficial for one truck to do the rounds than four to six separate trucks going around half empty.

Large number of households offering to sign up as a group should also give us decent bargaining power with these companies. Challenge though would be to find a provider who would meet all the requirements of the residents - some would want lift by weight, some tags etc etc. But definitely an idea worth thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

In the next few weeks your going to have three more knocking around
    The council is making all the company's provide a brown bin too .

Advertisement