Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waking up in middle of night feeling weird

Options
  • 31-08-2012 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

this is a hard one to explain but basically i have been having broken sleep for a few months now (new baby) and on 2 occassions I have woken up feeling crap. Basically I feel ovewhelmed by something but I dont know what it is. I find it hard to process any thoughts and everything seems like a huge deal and burden. I eventually get back to sleep and the feeling is totally gone next time i wake up. I have no negative feelings during the day, no feelings of depression. But am tired. Anyone any ideas what this could be? It doesnt seem to be tied to any dream or nitemare that i can be sure of at least...

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Are you male or female?

It might be nothing if it has only happened twice. If you are OK during the day, I guess you could just monitor it a bit and see if it gets more frequent etc.?

I asked your sex just on the basis of the mention of a new baby, and the fact that having a baby can have such a profound effect on a female, both physically and mentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

thanks for feedback. Male. The feeling is scary and overwhelming and I feel i need to sit up, walk around, open a window, talk to someone about it at the time. but so strangely it goes away once I get back to sleep and wake up again. never a feeling I have had during the day. and I am awake when I feel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I had this once or twice, around the same time I had a series of panic attacks. Am I right in saying that you feel like something is just not right? When it happened to me, it felt like nothing was right and that something was going to happen, something bad. I just kept saying to my girlfriend who was next to me in bed "somethings not right, I don't feel right. I don't know what it is but something isn't proper".

When it happened to me, aswell as the feeling of something being wrong, I felt like I had to get my life in order and start taking better care of myself. I had to make things right... and I had to do it fucking now. I use the word "not right" alot because that's the only way I can explain it. I made changes in my life for the better and these "night frights" went away.

Advertisement