Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help..trying to understand Handicapping for Horse Racing?

• 29-08-2012 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭

Take Storm King in the 8.50 at Kempton tonight. It is running with a weight of 9 stone. Review says it has been raised 13lb by the assessor for an easy win last time out. But last time it carried 9st 2lb ?

So, how is that deemed a 13lb rise?

Only thing I notice is that it runs in a class 4 race as oppose to a class 5 race last time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Take Storm King in the 8.50 at Kempton tonight. It is running with a weight of 9 stone. Review says it has been raised 13lb by the assessor for an easy win last time out. But last time it carried 9st 2lb ?

So, how is that deemed a 13lb rise?

Only thing I notice is that it runs in a class 4 race as oppose to a class 5 race last time.
    Horses get a numerical rating eg a horse rated 60 gets a 10lb rise he is now rated 70.However he may have less weight to carry than previously carried if he is upped in class for his next race.In a 0 to 60 handicap the horse will have top weight,in a 0 to 80 handicap the same horse may have bottom weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Horses get a numerical rating eg a horse rated 60 gets a 10lb rise he is now rated 70.However he may have less weight to carry than previously carried if he is upped in class for his next race.In a 0 to 60 handicap the horse will have top weight,in a 0 to 80 handicap the same horse may have bottom weight.

Thanks for that. A friend texted me a tip for that horse tonight but when I read the form guide etc I was nearly put off. Went for it anyway and it won at 5/1:D:D

I must study a bit more about ratings. :o

Advertisement