Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Race Wrong Dog Displayed in Betting

Options
  • 29-08-2012 7:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi All,

Im hoping some of you may be able to shed some light on a bet i did yesterday.

The race in question iirc was the 8:13. The racing post tipped up trap 2 and had its SP in the paper at 13/8, now when i checked the prices on the screen for the race it was 8/1. Thinking to myself worth a tenner. Now i checked the name on the screen to the RP and it was the same name. So i put on the bet. Now as the dogs were approaching the traps the screen changed and showed trap 2 was a reserve and the name of the dog changed. There is no way i would have backed the reserve if i had known in ample time before the race.

My question is, do you think there are any grounds for getting my money back as i was under the impression that i was backing a totally different dog? I think its unfair that they changed the screen about 20 seconds before the race.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭R0UF

If you backed Trap 2 it's a loser. if you backed the specific dog name you wanted to back then its void.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Most bookies settle on trap number as per there rules greyhound names are for information only.

Was this online or in a shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

if you backed the specific dog name you wanted to back then its void

In all the years I've gambled I've never writen the name of the dog.
    Most people would write Trap xyz unless it's an Outright bet Derby or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ingo1984

it was in a shop.

my main issue with it is, they would have known at the start of the race meeting (6:38 first race) that trap 2 in this particular race was a reserve. yet all the way up to the final 15/20 secs prior to the race going off they had the trap 2 from the paper declared. i was not the only one stung by backing the dog under false pretences.

in my mind i was kind of comparing to for example, frankel being shown to be running in a horse race, you backing it only to be informed that it was another horse. probably totally wrong altogether but you may guess the point im trying to make.

Advertisement