Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Badminton Buddies!

Options
  • 28-08-2012 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in booking a Badminton Court in UCD Sportshall - for fun..Its a pay as you go option.

I have played Badminton before and was thinking of a Tuesday or Wednesday evening for an hour.

Would be delighted to hear from you.

:) Susan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Susie SueW wrote: »
    Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in booking a Badminton Court in UCD Sportshall - for fun..Its a pay as you go option.

I have played Badminton before and was thinking of a Tuesday or Wednesday evening for an hour.

Would be delighted to hear from you.

:) Susan

I'd definitely be on for this - I've played on and off over the years, I'm out of practice (and unfit!) at the moment, but I'm hoping to get back into it soon! A pay-as-you-go option definitely sounds preferable to signing up for an annual membership. Either Tuesdays or Wednesdays would suit me perfectly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Susie SueW

Sounds good lets see if we can get another few people and divide the cost between us. Just waiting to hear how much it costs to hire for the hour.

Same reason as me looking to get fit in a fun way!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 tamoor2

hi susuie is it possible tuseday or wednesday or staurday or sunday mornig time

Hi Tamoor,

Due to work commitments I would be only able to do Tuesday/Wednesday evening.If we got 4 people in total then maybe Saturday morning is an option too :) does this suit?
    S :)

tamoor2 wrote: »
    hi susuie is it possible tuseday or wednesday or staurday or sunday mornig time

Saturday mornings would be fine for me too!

• Advertisement

Saturday mornings would be fine for me too!

Well let's try and get a group together for one evening and a Saturday morning then?That way we can suit everyone
    Thanks
    Susan

yes susie staurday morning please find 2 more

Well let's try and get a group together for one evening and a Saturday morning then?That way we can suit everyone
    Thanks
    Susan

Well I should be able to be make it any week evening, or any time at all most weekends. :) So hopefully we'll be able to sort something out!

Thanks
    Susan

Well I should be able to be make it any week evening, or any time at all most weekends. :) So hopefully we'll be able to sort something out!

The cost is €6.50 per person 3 of us so far for Saturday morning and 2 for Tuesdsy evening..Tamoor let's all try and find some more!!Im doing my best this side :)

ok find for saturday morning one more

• Advertisement

That's a good idea. :) You should do that! :)

That's a good idea. :) You should do that! :)

Why don't us three meet tomorrow morning at 11.00 at the courts in UCD.I can book it now if you both wish.If the time changes then I will let you both know- €6.50 each and we can share play time
    Let me know thanks

I was just thinking why don't we aim for tuesday chaterpillar - 6pm. Its a bit short notice for tomorrow- even tho I suggested it :) Will you be able to make it Tamoor?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

Hi Guys,

I'm very inexperienced with badminton but would love to have a shot at it. Saturday/Sunday mornings work best for me and I'm flexible over where the court is booked (I've only ever played in Baldoyle)

let me know if anyone is interested in joining me

thanks,
    Emma

hi emma saturday and sunday morning also suitable for me please find 2 more then we book hall my mobile no is 0862005696

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

good stuff, I'll send my details to you on DM

any ideas on setting up a badminton group on Meetup.com?

there's a pretty popular tennis group, and it's a great wee way of creating events and RSVP'ing events

here we can find 2 more for meetup.com i have no idea

emma_mc123 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm very inexperienced with badminton but would love to have a shot at it. Saturday/Sunday mornings work best for me and I'm flexible over where the court is booked (I've only ever played in Baldoyle)

let me know if anyone is interested in joining me

thanks,
    Emma

Hi Emma,Cheers for post- looks like we have a full team for Saturday morning so - UCD suit? I can play this Saturday if suits - I can book it.Chaterpillar can't join until following week .Tamoor can you play this Saturday ?If not I'm still on for just two of us - Susan

here we can find 2 more for meetup.com i have no idea

Only saw your thread here now Tamoor.Can we book UCD on Saturday morning for 11 so and get the party started?Its 6.50 per person for one hour!
    Let me know your thoughts.We could have one more by end of week you never know.
    Susan

hi i am living in dublin1 dorset street ,where is ucd court how can come there , 11 clock is ok for me because my job start 1:30 clock

• Advertisement

hi i am living in dublin1 dorset street ,where is ucd court how can come there , 11 clock is ok for me because my job start 1:30 clock

Hi Tamoor - are you driving or taking bus?

by bus

by bus

You can get the No 11 from town to Clonskeagh - Bird Avenue- then walk straight ahead for 10mins and you will see to UCD sports and fitness on your left hand side.Enter through the gates and walk straight ahead to where the Gym is - It is only new to me too :)
    Hope that helps you
    Susan

hi its ok for saturday morning my mobile no is 0899505155

whata about shuttle cocks they are available there

Hi Emma,

Are you on for saturday morning at 11am - UCD sports hall?
    I am booking it on Thursday for us 3 if your in otherwise will be two. We can share the court.
    Will also find out if we can get shuttlecocks there otherwise I can buy some.

Thanks,
    Susan

hi which shutte cock u buy

where u play before

hi susan u played before any club , which shuttle cocks u buy

• Advertisement

Tamoor I will see you Saturday I played for a number of years on and off I am not by any means proffesional - I will buy shuttlecocks in a sport shop.
    Until then :) Remember this is for fun! I am just an ordinary person trying to get fit by playing badminton! :)
    Thanks,
    Susan

Advertisement