Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going back to survival?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

We will be going back to survival then. I'm pretty busy at the moment so it might take me a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

B..b..but my beautiful map :(

Nah im glad, the server is dead atm

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

WOOOOOOOOO!!!! VICTORY!!!!

Where is rashersandbeans??!!?!? I TOLD YOU!!!!

also. Xen. Do your sexy dance.....yeaahhh buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Xenon560 wrote: »
    B..b..but my beautiful map :(

Nah im glad, the server is dead atm

No reason why we can't still use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 aodhoneachtain

No reason why we can't still use it.

Apart from the fact that he uploaded it for everyone to get a local copy...

• Advertisement

Rachel_Ann wrote: »

I tried but then tripped and sprained my ankle :(
    Have to wait a while

How is tht a problem? Its nowhere near done and the resources etc. wont be the same at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Anyone with malicious intent could easily obtain a local copy of any server:P

Edit: Also, I think ore generation and building placement is done when you convert the file from WorldPainter's format to a playable format, Which would make the files Xenon uploaded pointless for any nefarious activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Anyone with malicious intent could easily obtain a local copy of any server:P

Edit: Also, I think ore generation and building placement is done when you convert the file from WorldPainter's format to a playable format, Which would make the files Xenon uploaded pointless for any nefarious activity.

also, is it really that big a deal if someone happens to know where a ravine or whatever is/cool mountain? And who'd bother to memorize the map like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tiptopgolfy

Somebody was suggesting a wild west zone on the survival server, could we do that?

Maybe like a pvp area where people who want to can go to war once a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Why not have factions in survival mode only? I.e. Factions without the PvP. Each player joins a team, and attempts to build the most impressive architecture for their faction. Only have 3 or 4, or maybe even 2 nations. No griefing, but well defined territories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 rashersandbean

Rachel_Ann wrote: »

When did i ever doubt you? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

Morbert wrote: »
    Why not have factions in survival mode only? I.e. Factions without the PvP. Each player joins a team, and attempts to build the most impressive architecture for their faction. Only have 3 or 4, or maybe even 2 nations. No griefing, but well defined territories

Why do you need teams or territories? Its much easier to just say hey lets build an X over here, who wants to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Can we use Xens map?

BX 19 wrote: »
    Can we use Xens map?

I like this idea :)

Need to finish it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Polls flawed I think. The reason factions was set up was people were sick of the norm, building the same stuff then resetting. People like me who don't spend a huge amount of time on it won't play factions I think but would pop into a Survival game and have a potter about. I think a lot of people who voted for back to Survival are people like me, not exactly blow ins, but more casual gamers. I haven't voted in this poll for this reason (reason being, I would vote Survival but I feel it's not fair as I'm very casual about it). I seemed to notice that a few of the regulars from the last map have declared their want to stay as factions. Surely their votes outway someone who logs in for 10 minutes a week to tend to their 3x3 mud hut?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Perhaps this is a logistics nightmare, but why not have two continents: One PvP and one Neutral?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Forget survival, a pixelmon server is key.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Think I'm going to sit this one out. I'll be on the odd time and whitelist when I can.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

New server is up. Its technically just a test for now, but assuming there's no problems it will be the permanent one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement