Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Readers List: Best albums 1998-Present

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Blisterman wrote: »
    To get into the top 10, an album needed at least 5 votes.

Aye I see now, Beach House was nominated 7 times, LCD 6. Didn't count earlier but all is clear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Actually, there isn't enough controversy surrounding the results.

Scandalous that Joanna Newsom didn't make an appearence!!!!

S**te List!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

neutral milk hoyel where mentioned a good few times as well..but am too lazy to check back.But I'm broadly happy with the list.
    Joanne who now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Only one from list I don't have is Sufjan Stevens. Will give it a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

disappointed Joanna Newsom didn't make it onto the list. Have one on me is a masterpiece.

Other than that I can't complain really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Looks like a good list. Have 7 of the 10 albums and I put three of them I put in my own top 10. The ones I've yet to listen to are For Emma Forever Ago, Illinoise and Alligator (I have both Boxer and High Violet but haven't gotten around to Alligator yet.)

Only disappointment is that no-one else nominated Fever Ray. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ye Joanna is awesome.......ye are all cretins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

I have to thank this thread. I have discovered Bon Iver today.. Blown Away !!..Can't believe i let these slip a few years ago..lesson learned

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Only one I don't like in any way is Fleet Foxes, it's awful dour stuff imo.

Other than that, a solid top 10 so well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I think the only albums from that list I haven't listened to is the Beach House and National albums. Have newer albums from both of them so must check those out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Only disappointment is that no-one else nominated Fever Ray. :(

I definitely would have, had I entered my list in time. Too late now, and it still wouldn't have got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Anyone fancy running a dawn of time - 1997 poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Pretty much love every album on that list except Interpol and Beach House which I've never listened to.

Know some Interpol songs alright, but Beach House I've never even heard of :o

SOme new music to listen to anyway

Advertisement