Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone

Options
  • 27-08-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone else in County Galway is experiencing difficulties with vodafone coverage - in areas which previously had no problems. I called into the Vodafone Store in Tuam and they advised there was a known problem in the Abbeyknockmoy area which was to be resolved 2-3 weeks ago. Having followed up with Vodafone Support they maintain there is no known issue and I must log 3 dropped calls in a 24hr period before an investigation will begin.....however very hard to log a dropped call when you do not have the coverage to initiate a call.

Anyone have similiar problems or advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭i_steal_sheep

I've had very similar problems, pretty much throughout Galway/Roscommon. My call quality deteriorates so much that I have no choice but to end the call and just dial the number again (that's if there is no 'error in connection') - at which point the quality is perfect. I've made several visits to Vodafone stores, replaced sim-cards, and spent so long onto Vodafone support, but at this point I have just given up. My last call to Vodafone ended with the Customer Service Rep just telling me that 'we are investing very heavily in our data networks to provide you with the best mobile broadband in the country'. She did not seem to get my point, that I could not give a fiddlers about data - if the 'phone' part of my phone is not doing its thing - what good is internet. It is really really frustrating as the network is obviously crumbling and they are not interested in hearing customer comments. They won't act on any complaint without 3 'dropped' calls and this does not apply to calls where I've had to end it myself out of frustration with the quality.

Advertisement