Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Dublin Street Fight"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

ColeTrain wrote: »
    This is how it should be done btw

That video is brilliant, the feckers really had that beating coming. Fair play to the guy with the bat/bar!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

That's bohs and rovers fans,there is a few of them floating around you tube.

Here's another one.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=IE#/watch?v=dVW-2FkHpog

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Hero in the white shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you on a personal crusade against me today!? Work away nothing can knock me from this great mood today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

took you nearly a year to think that up??

• Advertisement

returnNull wrote: »
    took you nearly a year to think that up??

sure did

Are you on a personal crusade against me today!? Work away nothing can knock me from this great mood today!

sure footballs back :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

sure footballs back :rolleyes:

Keep it coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Hero in the white shirt.
    He dropped the bat. Rule number 1, Don't drop the bat. They also all walked away after dancing on his bonnet. He needs batting practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I always found it bizarre in these situations where people get out of the car and get beaten. The footage of truckers being attacked/killed in LA was a prime example.

One time a bunch of about 6 17-20 years old started kicking my car just outside a pub while I was trying to reverse park. One stood in front of my car so I couldnt go forward and I was in a narrow one way street. My two doors got dented, my bonnet had a few dents as the one in front lifted his foot high up and smashed his heel down on it. My mirrors were also in bits. All of it was unprovoked and I was in a town I had never been to before. Oh and my front wings were dented too.

I would love to have gotten out, but I couldve been stabbed or worse, plus there were too many of them. Thankfully my car automatically locks the doors so they didnt manage to get in. It was really scary, especially when it was so sudden and out of nowhere.

Eventually at the point where I thought they would smash the window, I decided I had enough. I reversed back going over one of their feet, in a bit of a panic I slightly collided with a parked Transit van. They chased after me again, blocking the road, so I just drove right at them, one jumped between a parked car and tried to swing his feet to kick the car, I swerved right at him and impacted with his leg, breaking it. He was on crutches for months. I had to race up onto the kerb to get past them.

I went straight to the police station and the police arrested them all, who were well known to the local police. I went to court and saw the whole incident play out as it was witnessed by the towns CCTV. I ended up being found guilty of reckless driving because I admitted that I had tried to hit the guy who was trying to kick the car on my way past.

My lawyer said I regretted swerving to hit him, but I didnt want anyone to think that. So when i spoke I said I was glad I had done it and I was glad he was in crutches and that regardless of whether it was right or wrong, I felt he deserved it and I would take whatever punishment I got. I said I would do the same thing again in the same circumstances. I got a 12 month driving ban. Nothing else.

In hindsight I shouldve just drove away back up that road, but in the heat of the moment I just thought "escape!" and then as soon as I was out of immediate danger, I felt pure rage and wanted to get them back. Im so fortunate that they scattered off the road because I know I would have bounced them all over my bonnet and over the roof.

I will never get out of a vehicle these days. Better to be safe than sorry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement