Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for breakfast thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Egg, spring onion and smoked bacon muffins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Cinnamon cereal from Aldi - full of sugary goodness ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm about to have 3 jumbo sausages, 2 slices of buttery brown toast, 2 fried eggs, some streaky bacon and 2 pieces of pudding (chubb sized). Finished with a bag of Snax and strong tea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Bacon and cabbage dinner leftovers, fried with an egg on top :)
    photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Runny eggs and soldiers, nyum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Poached eggs with bacon and asparagus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭nompere

Sausage and sweet potato hash with baked eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

A variation of Swiss Bircher - 30g oats, 85g Greek yoghurt, 100ml milk, 2 tsp golden syrup left in the fridge overnight then berries on top in the morning. I know this sounds overly dramatic but this breakfast is a bit of a life-changer for me. I generally wouldn't eat breakfast or would eat an unhealthy one, now I'm having a super healthy one (apart from the golden syrup which I'll change out for honey once my huge bottle runs out), and I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

A variation of Swiss Bircher - 30g oats, 85g Greek yoghurt, 100ml milk, 2 tsp golden syrup left in the fridge overnight then berries on top in the morning. I know this sounds overly dramatic but this breakfast is a bit of a life-changer for me. I generally wouldn't eat breakfast or would eat an unhealthy one, now I'm having a super healthy one (apart from the golden syrup which I'll change out for honey once my huge bottle runs out), and I love it!

I need to get on this - I'm a disaster for breakfast. Sounds delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

I have been doing this for the last few weeks too, except I have been liquidising a banana in a cup of almond milk and adding it to the oats, then adding some linseeds and other assorted seeds in the morning. It is pretty good and dead easy, portable breakfast. I can't imagine doing it in the winter though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Bowl of cornflakes and soya milk.

Gordon Ramsey is ****ting himself with fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Funny, I only first heard or Bircher muesli a week ago and here it is again!

Animord wrote: »
    I have been doing this for the last few weeks too, except I have been liquidising a banana in a cup of almond milk and adding it to the oats, then adding some linseeds and other assorted seeds in the morning. It is pretty good and dead easy, portable breakfast. I can't imagine doing it in the winter though.

That sounds delicious! I think I'll keep it up in winter because I don't like porridge at all usually - but it's a different consistency this way so I'm loving it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

That sounds delicious! I think I'll keep it up in winter because I don't like porridge at all usually - but it's a different consistency this way so I'm loving it!

I don't much like porridge normally either - got to say that is like having pudding for breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

96fbl2.gif
    My new favourite breakfast: this is just regular porridge made with almond milk and a banana mashed up before cooking with a shake of cinnamon served with some strawberries on top which are mainly for decorative reasons :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Do you just mix all these ingredients together? Sorry, it's maybe a stupid question but I was thinking wouldn't it be all soggy in the morning?

leahyl wrote: »
    Do you just mix all these ingredients together? Sorry, it's maybe a stupid question but I was thinking wouldn't it be all soggy in the morning?

Yep mix them up, put in the fridge and eat in the morning. The oats swell up and absorb most of the moisture so there's no 'spare' liquid in the bowl or anything - but yes the oats have softened

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yep mix them up, put in the fridge and eat in the morning. The oats swell up and absorb most of the moisture so there's no 'spare' liquid in the bowl or anything - but yes the oats have softened

Sounds good! Must try it! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The Swiss usually have their Bircher muesli with a slice of brown bread on the side. God only knows why, but they do. Crazy foreigners! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Sausage burger, fried egg (I got the only photogenic egg, the rest were a mess, because of my issue with taking pictures of my breakfast) & pumpkin seed bread. Looks a bit anaemic but it was lovely

Ah, Sunday.

7F6C0B74-9FF8-4C57-A7D9-0A140F207CBE_zpswq0j0bi5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've taken to making breakfast muffins, and have got the recipe tasting pretty good.

150g self raising flour
    150g muesli
    80g brown sugar
    100g grated carrot
    80ml olive oil
    2 eggs
    Some extra dried fruit (raisins, mixed peel, crystalised ginger) (going to try some dried cherries in the next batch)
    1tsp cinnamon
    0.5tsp ground ginger
    1.5tsp linseeds

mix it all up, divide between 6 muffin tins and bake at about 220C for about 20 mins. A tasty brekkie on the go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

I christen thee (after the fact) Om-a-nom-elette!

Jamie Oliver the perfect omelette + milk, cheese, baby tomatoes, ham.

Fried in butter, YOM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Another Om-a-nom-elette this morning, took a lovely mid cooking photo, fumbled the "smart" phone and touch deleted it by mistake just now !

Baby spinach leaves, quartered cherry tomatoes, shredded ham, white cheddar, meant to put in basil leaves too but forgot!

Even more delicious this time tbh.

2 Centra croissants and jam. So doughy and bad that they were wonderful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Strawberries, natural yogurt, honey & mint. Little bowl of fresh cherries. Cup of tea.

IMAG0180_zps63bafb9f.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Crab cakes, poached eggs, hollandaise. Thank you, Liberty Grill! I was too hungry to even think about taking pictures :).

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Accidental berry cream (I was attempting a smoothie with my budget food processor) with pancakes and berry reduction with some hot chocolate powder sprinkled on top.. Mmmm :):)

Sausage sandwich. Was nice. Then I had a craving for something sweet so made a marshmallow & nutella pancake using a premade Lidl 'American' pancake. Good stodge!

6C4174DF-E22A-4C42-A5B7-B235C4BE1940_zpszlh6mc2d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Warm bread fresh from the oven with eggs, mayo & fresh dill. 3 cups of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Simple omelette - eggs, milk, s&p and LOTS of paprika - with a banana and a cup of Barry's. Lush.

Advertisement