Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Juggling a Job and the Leaving Certificate?

• 21-08-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3 Aisling_123

I am currently going into 6th year ( my leaving cert year) and I work part time in the town! I work nearly 20 hours a week! Would you recommended i keep the job on? (I really need the money, my parents don't have any) or quit now? Or is there someway I can balance both?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭ spurious

Are the hours mainly at the weekend or every evening?

If they are mainly weekend, then you could probably keep them on for a while. Every day and you'll soon fall behind with assignments, homework etc.

That said, there are people who hold down a full time job and do the Leaving by night, so it's doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aisling_123

spurious wrote: »
    Are the hours mainly at the weekend or every evening?

If they are mainly weekend, then you could probably keep them on for a while. Every day and you'll soon fall behind with assignments, homework etc.

That said, there are people who hold down a full time job and do the Leaving by night, so it's doable.

Yeah it's Wednesdays to Sundays I work after school! I'll see how I go for September anyways! May just look for a weekend job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 Talib Fiasco

I'd see no problem with it but maybe you should give it up around the time of the pres or maybe just after it. I definitely wouldn't advise doing it after May anyway. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭ Irish94

There is no problem working during the Leaving Cert as long as you give time too homework and study, and don't forget some extra time for a hobby! I really would advise doing a sport or some sort of hobby during the year, it is a really nice break from the stress of studying :)

Advertisement