Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving License Discrimination

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

De forners took our wimmin an jobs, now dare taekin owr drivin liscensss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

VitalyT wrote: »
    - I don't think so. There is privacy matter that limits excessive prying from whoever it might be. In this case a garda has no business knowing where you were born, the country of your citizenship is utterly sufficient information for them.

The paper Irish licence follows the standard EU model in accordance with Directive 91/439/EEC
    page 2 shall contain:
    1.the surname of the holder;
    2.the other names of the holder;
    3.the date and place of birth of the holder;
    4.the name of the competent authority issuing the licence (including the place and date of issue and the stamp of the authority);
    5.the number of the licence;
    6.a photograph of the holder;
    7.the signature of the holder;
    8.the permanent place of residence, or postal address (optional);

The credit card format favoured by many EU countries also requires the place of birth as per Directive 96/47/EC
    (d) information specific to the licence issued, numbered as follows:
    1. surname of the holder;
    2. other name(s) of the holder;
    3. date and place of birth;
    4. (a) date of issue of the licence;
    (b) date of expiry of the licence, or a dash if the licence is valid indefinitely;
    (c) the name of the issuing authority (may be printed on page 2);
    (d) a different number from the one under heading 5, for administrative purposes (optional);
    5. number of the licence;
    6. photograph of the holder;
    7. signature of the holder;
    8. permanent place of residence, or postal address (optional);
    9. (sub)category(ies) of vehicle(s) the holder is entitled to drive (national categories shall be printed in a different type from harmonized categories);

The new format EU licence due to come into force next year will also require your place of birth as per 2006/126/EC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I think the OP should consider this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

There is a certain group mentality that comes about when things arent always going your way, it is a them and us mentality and is perfectly normal.

as an example; I saw it with other ex-pats in China, "they wont let me buy an apartment here because they are racist or discriminating against me because I am not Chinese" which might seem like the truth when you are talking to all your friends in the same situation as you, but the reality is that these rules effect native people too(who in this example are not allowed buy if they come from a different city)

The world can seem like a cold place if you feel everyone is against you.

Advertisement