Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EGL 8 Manchester - October 13/14 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

i registered for both ae and ae 2v2, but got no confirmation? i hope they got my payment...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

ladnopoka wrote: »
    i registered for both ae and ae 2v2, but got no confirmation? i hope they got my payment...

Check with James [WorstGiefEver] on Neo Empire if you're unsure of the payment

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Nutrient wrote: »
    Check with James [WorstGiefEver] on Neo Empire if you're unsure of the payment

did u get a confirmation when u registered for your games?

ladnopoka wrote: »
    did u get a confirmation when u registered for your games?

Haven't yet, waiting for Lythero to confirm for 3v3 marvel

James said I've got loads of time

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Haven't yet, waiting for Lythero to confirm for 3v3 marvel

James said I've got loads of time

Doyler said he'll have to save money up for next time there's an overseas tourney. And since flight prices/getting time off work wouldn't be easy, I think I'll have to make the same call this time. :L Sorry.

I suggested we ought to go to Cannes and hope they've got a 3-man tourney for Marvel. As for EGL, I'll be with you in spirit. Go raise some hell dude

• Advertisement

Lythero wrote: »
    Doyler said he'll have to save money up for next time there's an overseas tourney. And since flight prices/getting time off work wouldn't be easy, I think I'll have to make the same call this time. :L Sorry.

I suggested we ought to go to Cannes and hope they've got a 3-man tourney for Marvel. As for EGL, I'll be with you in spirit. Go raise some hell dude

It's cool don't sweat it
    May not be attending Cannes next year

RSD seems like the decent tourney in December

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

just a quick check to make sure everybody is organised, i hope you guys have passports, tickets, ect. If your only bringing hand luggage make sure you don`t take anything that you can`t like liquids that are over 100ml ect. Try not to get to the airport too late, friday evening sometimes can be very busy, not just in the airport but outside it too, the last time we went to scotland it was a bit of a rush to the gate, so those of you who are going try toget there early.

Anyway Ill be in the airport about 8pm, safe journey :)

Good luck folks, in journey and in battle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Ye, win or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

indeed, good luck lads and be safe :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Our room is too sick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Good luck lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Everyone, Nutrient is competing in Marvel as we speak. Lend him your power so he can make it to the finals! \o/

EDIT: twitch.tv/armshouse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Commentators on stream just said "Deadpool players arent serious players/shouldn't be taken seriously".......

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsaKLFPgY1NDXBEjNI8rZxNNGO9W52KQHHFVsf4jKf2Sec1BT2

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

These commentator fellows sound like a knowledgeable bunch. I approve of their character breakdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    These commentator fellows sound like a knowledgeable bunch. I approve of their character breakdowns.

Sarcasm?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Sarcasm?
    Yup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Gah, the audio for me is lagging waaaay far behind the video. It's making it hard to enjoy the tournament. D:

2gen wrote: »
    Commentators on stream just said "Deadpool players arent serious players/shouldn't be taken seriously".......

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsaKLFPgY1NDXBEjNI8rZxNNGO9W52KQHHFVsf4jKf2Sec1BT2

Too true. I got serious when I dropped Deadpool for Wright!

Does anyone know how everyone got on? (Nutrient, Ladno, Jun)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Someone said Ladno was joint 7th in AE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Does anyone know how everyone got on? (Nutrient, Ladno, Jun)

Pretty sure Nutrient went 0-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Ladno did really well, got top 8, we got to losers semis in ae teams. I Didnt do well in singles, went 2-2. Afaik nutrient did win a few matches in marvel, he alse had to wait 2 hours in a queue to get into the venue beforehand tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

The brackets I saw then must have been after some sort of pools.

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Ladno did really well, got top 8, we got to losers semis in ae teams. I Didnt do well in singles, went 2-2. Afaik nutrient did win a few matches in marvel, he alse had to wait 2 hours in a queue to get into the venue beforehand tbf

Oh yeah, the 2hour queue

and the 3 hours sleep AND the sniffles.

These excuses don't really matter tbh, Wouldn't have helped too much more

Fact, I got impatient and zoned out by Jiji and lost 2-3 to Infexcious,

Importat thing, had fun and lots of casual play, UK scene is way ahead of ours in terms of numbers, least 5 Marvel Beasts

Oh yeah, the 2hour queue

and the 3 hours sleep AND the sniffles.

These excuses don't really matter tbh, Wouldn't have helped too much more

Fact, I got impatient and zoned out by Jiji and lost 2-3 to Infexcious,

Importat thing, had fun and lots of casual play, UK scene is way ahead of ours in terms of numbers, least 5 Marvel Beasts

what teams did Jiji and Infexcious play? also, in terms of skill, is the UK scene way ahead as well in your opinion?

what teams did Jiji and Infexcious play? also, in terms of skill, is the UK scene way ahead as well in your opinion?

Jiji played Doom/Dorm/Sentinel

Infexcious Ironfist/taskmaster/spencer

The UK scene is quite good, I can't suggest that they're not better giving the number of dedicated players they have, must be at least 3x are scenes size.

The players are hungry over there, they attend as many tourneys as possible and they ALWAYS want to improve, they never settle for less then the best, they are better ofc through experience, we can be as good as them though if we want to be just takes work

Infexcious played Ti Hawk and beat Ryan Heart's Sagat in AE 2V2...I need not go into any more detail then that, he's sick

The UK scene is passionate and you get the vibe playing with em...I would Move there just to improve my game if I could seriously so many players there.

Next big event is SVB and is on Dec 9th, All of us Marvel heads must attend, <200 Euro trip, no excuses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Next big event is SVB and is on Dec 9th, All of us Marvel heads must attend, <200 Euro trip, no excuses

what about the fact that SVB is a complete joke at this stage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

At least it won't be held in the 1980s Harrow this time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Nutrient wrote:
    The players are hungry over there, they attend as many tourneys as possible and they ALWAYS want to improve, they never settle for less then the best, they are better ofc through experience, we can be as good as them though if we want to be just takes work

Infexcious played Ti Hawk and beat Ryan Heart's Sagat in AE 2V2...I need not go into any more detail then that, he's sick

The UK scene is passionate and you get the vibe playing with em...I would Move there just to improve my game if I could seriously so many players there.

Chunkis is that you?

Advertisement