Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster cricket leagues

Options
  • 19-08-2012 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

As the LCU season nears its end does anyone want to venture who will be promoted/relegated from the various leagues.

I play Division 14 myself where Dundrum 3 and Clonee 2 are guaranteed promotion unless something remarkable happens. In Division 13 any of the teams placed 4-8 inclusive could be relegated (yes its that tight) along with Knockharley 3 who are going straight back down to Div. 14 after being promoted last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Division 13 player myself, whatever happens Ring Commons should be moved up 2 or 3 divisions at least. The LCU have to be more firm with these new clubs trying to pick up an easy trophy in their first season and put them into a league they're suited for. The promotion battle would have been very exciting had they not been allowed start in a league a good few divisions below where they should be. Has made the whole division an exercise in futility.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

Another Div13 player here and I reckon only 2 certain changes Ring Commons up and Knockharley down wouldn't like to hazard a guess on who will go down really could be almost anyone not in the top 3. Adamstown are second bottom but have only one game left and a decent win there might save them. Going to go with Leinster as the other team to go up

TheDrog wrote: »
    Another Div13 player here and I reckon only 2 certain changes Ring Commons up and Knockharley down wouldn't like to hazard a guess on who will go down really could be almost anyone not in the top 3. Adamstown are second bottom but have only one game left and a decent win there might save them. Going to go with Leinster as the other team to go up

Yeah they [Leinster] looked like a pretty solid outfit, had 2 1 wicket losses to them this season - great games but very frustrating! Trinity have a rescheduled game with Knockharley for the 8th or 9th of September so the relegation spots may not be settled for another 3 weeks or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Also play division 13, have been on the end of a couple of spankings from ring commons myself.

Have we all played against each other this season then? Played against Trinity away but not home

• Advertisement

Have we all played against each other this season then? Played against Trinity away but not home

No, just luck of the draw that we got two matches in against them. Teams in our division are averaging 5 no results each, we've been lucky to complete 9 matches - very lucky.

sorry I thought you were a trinity player so i was saying that I played against Trinity in the away match but not in the home match. They played everyone twice this year

• Registered Users Posts: 34 iamjor

So we have established that apart from me everyone who posts on boards cricket is a div. 13 player.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

iamjor wrote: »
    So we have established that apart from me everyone who posts on boards cricket is a div. 13 player.

Not necessarily - I played in many divisions in my time, and umpired all of them too.

iamjor wrote: »

Join us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I play in division 11 :cool:

Soon to be division 12... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

I've played in a fair few divisions in my time - makes me feel old just thinking about it!

djimi wrote: »
    I play in division 11 :cool:

Soon to be division 12... :o

getting closer.......

Im fairly sure Bagenalstown beating North County at the weekend put an end to whatever remote chance we had of staying up... :( Not that it was in any way likely anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

TrueDub wrote: »
    Not necessarily - I played in many divisions in my time, and umpired all of them too.

This season I'm playing in Div 9 and 11 after getting promoted from Div 10 last year. :P

Division 13 relegation now between Railway who have no games left, Rush and Adamstown. Sandyford and Trinity both safe. Knockharley all but confirmed as down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Woohoo, no relegation for me.

nice for some

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Play Div 6 & 10 myself (mainly div 10) Will be Div 5 & 9 next year though :)

The nitty gritty in our league is almost finalised. Leinster & Sandyford promoted to Div 9. League winner will be decided by a head to head on Sept 15th

Cabinteely relegated & either Phoenix or Pembroke in the other relegation spot.

Pembroke are finished but Phoenix have two games left against 1st & 3rd place (Sandyford & Malahide) so I reckon they are favourites to go down.

Ring Commons look to have sealed the division, just made between 375 and 392 away to Rush. Scorebook a bit dodgy on final score. Anto Coates retired on 203.

• Advertisement

Ring Commons look to have sealed the division, just made between 375 and 392 away to Rush. Scorebook a bit dodgy on final score. Anto Coates retired on 203.

Sums up what a piss take the LCU made the division this year by allowing those cheats to compete!

couldn't agree more, apparently Coates was bowled second ball off a no ball but he's been threatening to do this all season

stayed up :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭crackit

Nevermind relegation and promotion. A certain North County player attempted to win the heavyweight title in a game against Civil Service yesterday. After getting out he attacked a Civil Service player throwing multiple punches and (thankfully) only connecting with a couple before having to be dragged off the player by a couple of Service players.

Hopefully the almighty OCC won't bottle it when it comes to taking action on this one. The player involved should be banned permanently from all LCU cricket IMO. He's very lucky the police weren't phoned yesterday. I've never seen the likes of it on a cricket pitch in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 JudgeRoyBean

crackit wrote: »
    Nevermind relegation and promotion. A certain North County player attempted to win the heavyweight title in a game against Civil Service yesterday. After getting out he attacked a Civil Service player throwing multiple punches and (thankfully) only connecting with a couple before having to be dragged off the player by a couple of Service players.

Hopefully the almighty OCC won't bottle it when it comes to taking action on this one. The player involved should be banned permanently from all LCU cricket IMO. He's very lucky the police weren't phoned yesterday. I've never seen the likes of it on a cricket pitch in my life.
    I'm surprised they bothered playing as I understand relegation was confirmed after they lost on Friday. Hopefully CS won to really rub salt into their festering wounds.
    Obviously I wasn't there yesterday but a lifetime ban should be applied for the incident described.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

Sums up what a piss take the LCU made the division this year by allowing those cheats to compete!

There was a lot of this carry on all season by clubs with more than one team. I was hoping that the OCC would continue their name and shame campaign that a few clubs were subject to at the start of the season but it seemed to stop after the 1st few weeks.

Having played in the old Junior Divisions and the new Divisions 11-14 for a few years now, this has been by far the worst that I've experienced for ringers and lads playing at too low a standard all season.

Ive lost count of the amount of times we have had otherwise good games of cricket ruined by a player playing several divisions below their level. I play Division 11; I dont want to have my Saturday ruined by some bloke coming down from Division 6 or whatever and scoring 100 in 40 balls to make the game a non-event... Seems all too common in the lower divisions these days.

It's always been an issue in the lower leagues but would have to agree that the last few years has seen it get much worse. 2 of the top 5 wicket takers in Leinster aren't even floating, they just play on the lowest team.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cots

I'm a Div 9 and 6 player and it's awful that they are allowing Dundalk to move up leagues at all, we went there last day of the season and played on what I would consider likened to an unplayable football pitch, that's not right at all. I also feel that Adamstown should have been pushed up another league considering the manner with which they won the games they won on their way to promotion. Anyone have any comments on whether Greystones are actually that good to go all the way up to Div 7 after winning Div 12?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 JudgeRoyBean

I would be loathe to criticise any club for the state of the pitches last season. The weather made it particularly difficult for everyone. In addition, a lot of clubs who ground share and/or have limited membership and funding are finding it difficult to produce good surfaces to play on.

Advertisement