Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Curiosity Mars Rover?

Options
  • 13-08-2012 1:51pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I note that Lego have not produced a model of the NASA Curiosity rover that successfully landed on Mars last week.:(

This is a disappointment as Lego did produce a beautiful Technic version of the Mars Rovers Spirit and Opportunity that landed in 2004 (and of course of the two, Opportunity is still going strong after an amazing 8 years!:)). Lego have also produced models of the Space Shuttle and other space vehicles so I would urge them to reconsider their lack of a Curiosity rover.

I think that a Lego model of Curiosity, perhaps both a simple one and an advanced Technic version, would be big sellers for the company and would cast them in a very good light with respect to encouraging children to develop an interest in science and astronomy. It's a win-win situation in my view.

Meanwhile, a chap called Stephen Pakbaz who works an an engineer at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory has produced his own Lego version of the Curiosity rover and has also got building instructions for this. His model is featured in the pic below:

6903121206_204f4f7497.jpg

Check out the link below:
    http://www.brothers-brick.com/2012/08/10/mission-to-mars-an-interview-with-stephen-pakbaz/

Comments

Advertisement