Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Gear - Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Lovell shipping has gone to £12 min shipping but covers multiple items though.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Morf wrote: »
    Lovell shipping has gone to £12 min shipping but covers multiple items though.

Parcel motel ;)

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Parcel motel ;)

I am aware of it. The one time I tried the company refused the postcode in NI.

I do still have an account though.

I have never had an issue with parcel motel delivery from Lovell

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

Parcel motel ;)

how does that work

• Advertisement

I have never had an issue with parcel motel delivery from Lovell

Sorry I wasn't clear there. I tried with a different company, not lovell. I've always found lovell very pleasant and easy to deal with. Even having an order sent to a London address while I was briefly there with a straight-forward phone call.

how does that work

It's works to cut down international shipping costs.
    Some companies have free or low uk delivery costs.
    You sign up to parcel motel, they give you a unique ref number. You tell them where your nearest collection point is (most decent towns have a parcel motel, it's a big yellow metal "wall" of storage boxes). You give the company you are buying from a Belfast address, avail of the cheap shipping, and parcel motel will deliver themselves to your collection point for a small fee. They send you a text to tell you it's ready for collection and give you a code. You type the code into the motel and hey presto the box door opens and your product is collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

You sign up to parcel motel, they give you a unique ref number. You tell them where your nearest collection point is (most decent towns have a parcel motel, it's a big yellow metal "wall" of storage boxes). You give the company you are buying from a Belfast address, avail of the cheap shipping, and parcel motel will deliver themselves to your collection point for a small fee. They send you a text to tell you it's ready for collection and give you a code. You type the code into the motel and hey presto the box door opens and your product is collected.

What a world we live in!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

razorblunt wrote: »
    What a world we live in!

what-year-is-it.png

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

Thanks it was the bit with the belfast address that confused me. I have seen the yellow wall of boxes. So basicaly you use the belfast address to get it here cheap and then Parcel motel will deliver to a unit nearer you. Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Anyone know where I'd get a 2001 Lions jersey for 7/8 year old? Have searched ebay and the like but nothing doing. My son has his heart set on THAT jersey. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

madds wrote: »
    Anyone know where I'd get a 2001 Lions jersey for 7/8 year old? Have searched ebay and the like but nothing doing. My son has his heart set on THAT jersey. :D

Ill have look... think it might be bigger than 7/8 tho the 1 I have

http://www.sportsdirect.com/adidas-munster-home-shirt-2011-2012-junior-381404?colcode=38140408

munster 2011-2012 kids jerseys ages 7 - 12

€9, 9-10
    €12, 7-8 + 11-12

ex delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Shirts/Burrda/Biarritz-2011-or-12-Players-Away-Match-Day-Rugby-Shirt-White-or-Red--or-Green

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Shirts/Burrda/Biarritz-2011-or-12-Home-Match-Day-Rugby-Shirt-White-or-Red

Support Eddie O'Sullivan's new team for just £10! :P

(Seriously got this jersey, its brilliant)

They fit a bit big in case anyone was thinking of getting one.

Oh, the 2nd one is really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

.ak wrote: »
    Oh, the 2nd one is really nice.
    Yeah I have the Basque flag one. Shipping is a bit expensive, but my GF lives in London so I got a few bits delivered to her. Not sure if its cheaper to ship to Parcel Motel.

Few Munster training bits reduced as well. Got the Training T-Shirt, Hoodie and Tacksuit Pants. All v.good quality.

Lovell is great for getting a few bits very cheap.

I have the 1st Puma Basque flag jersey they did.

10 quid each and parcel motel is tempting though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I like the look of these boots but am not sure about using them on astro-turf:
    http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Boots/Canterbury/Phoenix-Club-8-SG-Rugby-Boots-White-or-Vivid-Blue

I like the look of these boots but am not sure about using them on astro-turf:
    http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Boots/Canterbury/Phoenix-Club-8-SG-Rugby-Boots-White-or-Vivid-Blue

I think using studs on astro-turf is lethal. You'll pick up all sorts of running injuries imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

Most astro-turf places wont let you wear boots with studs, some wont even allow blades.
    Get astro-turf runners.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Maybe astro-turf is not the right term, but I mean synthetic outdoor pitches. Most people wear studs but I've always had blades myself up to now. Might just stick with what I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Yeah I have the Basque flag one. Shipping is a bit expensive, but my GF lives in London so I got a few bits delivered to her. Not sure if its cheaper to ship to Parcel Motel.

Few Munster training bits reduced as well. Got the Training T-Shirt, Hoodie and Tacksuit Pants. All v.good quality.

Lovell is great for getting a few bits very cheap.

Parcel Motel is €3.50 per delivery, how much does your GF charge you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Maybe astro-turf is not the right term, but I mean synthetic outdoor pitches. Most people wear studs but I've always had blades myself up to now. Might just stick with what I know!

They look like replacably studs, so if you just buy some shorter studs in a shop and replace them they'll be fine on the "3G" or "4G" style (Rugby/Soccer/GAA) Astro pitches you're talking about. (the ones filled with rubber pellets right).

That said I've always worn blades or mouldies on those pitches, whenever I try boots with removable studs I find I get pressure points and blisters.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭OldRio

Not sure of the quality but might be useful to some. Sports Direct are offering free delivery at the moment.
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/rugby/rugby-clothing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

nc6000 wrote: »
    Parcel Motel is €3.50 per delivery, how much does your GF charge you?

PM is €3.95 now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I was in Sports World in Blanchardstown yesterday and there were 3 racks of Leinster gear on sale. I picked up a pair of tracksuit bottoms €20, two Leinster hoodies €25 each and the old Leinster European jersey with the grey writing for €20. There was a good selection of sizes in each and also shorts, polo shirts t-shirts there too. Well worth a gander.

Winters wrote: »
    I was in Sports World in Blanchardstown yesterday and there were 3 racks of Leinster gear on sale. I picked up a pair of tracksuit bottoms €20, two Leinster hoodies €25 each and the old Leinster European jersey with the grey writing for €20. There was a good selection of sizes in each and also shorts, polo shirts t-shirts there too. Well worth a gander.

Yep seems to be in sports world nationwide. Picked up a pair of those tasty track suit bottoms as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Thanks for this. A very big selection of sizes and gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Anyone know where I can get a pair of the waterproof Ireland or Leinster bottoms? In dire need of a pair.

Advertisement