Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst So called celebrities the Celtic tiger created

• 12-08-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

List the people the Celtic tiger had a hand in forcing their egos upon the nation.
    Bride of Franc guy
    Vast majority of developers who frequented Sunday newspapers columns
    Brian ormond and his Mott
    Brendan Kinnelly
    Deuchie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Bill Cullen and his melted wax doll partner Jackie!! More lines than a ten yr olds copybook in detention!!

That is all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Fade street numpties

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Fas Girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Rosanna Davidson, Katy French and any other gormless media whoring "model".

That "celebrity lawyer" Gerald Keane, I've rarely seen someone so obsessed with getting their gobs in the paper for no reason.

And any numpty who tries to make their career out of extolling the virtues of these celebs such as Barry Egan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That Lisa Murphy one.

Nothing but a botox riddled money grubber.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

That Kieron Ducie parasite. Or at least he likes to think hes a celebrity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Gerald kean and whatever stupid blonde bint he is currently humping.

Amanda brunker. Attention whore supreme with giant saggy cow udders for breasts. Usually used in attention whoriing activities....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Can't believe no mention yet of Gavin lambe Murphy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Everyone in the Sindo
    Gavin Lambe Murphy
    Glenda Gilson
    Gerard Keane
    Brendan O Connor

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Oh oh oh I've got a good one

The Irish rugby team

• Advertisement

that bloody xpose program with thoose woman my mam watches its supposed to be about celebs all they do is show of fashion this jacket only 300 euro in brown thomas baragin ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Woosa everybody...lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Everyone in the Sindo
    Gavin Lambe Murphy
    Glenda Gilson
    Gerard Keane
    Brendan O Connor

Nailed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Posters are reminded to observe the charter. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,543 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bertie Ahern and his whole extended family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Gerald kean and whatever stupid blonde bint he is currently humping.

Amanda brunker. Attention whore supreme with giant saggy cow udders for breasts. Usually used in attention whoriing activities....
    LOL :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SlaneyCider

Rosanna Davison, stunner of a girl............ and that's about it! Walkin plank

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Johnny Ronan. A bearded property developer who's a little on the tubby side.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭therealme

Disagree with "the Irish Rugby Team"...all the others...WHO????

therealme wrote: »
    Disagree with "the Irish Rugby Team"...all the others...WHO????

Are you a rugby man/women? Do you know how the bullsh1t works? 10 countries play the sport properly of which Ireland are ranked 7th. Our boys have made the best of limited success in the international arena and the Irish media propaganda machine has positioned itself firmly behind them. You have to remember that these primadonna's don't react at all well to criticism, just ask journalist Dave Kelly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,675 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Jedward, can hardly open a paper or turn the tele but they are on it.

Those nobodies from Big Brother showing up in nightclubs thinking they are the bees knees after a few weeks on television.

And lastly the man who seems to make money doing nothing, Callum Best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Are you a rugby man/women? Do you know how the bullsh1t works? 10 countries play the sport properly of which Ireland are ranked 7th. Our boys have made the best of limited success in the international arena and the Irish media propaganda machine has positioned itself firmly behind them. You have to remember that these primadonna's don't react at all well to criticism, just ask journalist Dave Kelly.

Um, no. GAA fan by any chance?

Um, no. GAA fan by any chance?

Whats that supposed to mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Des Bishop
    close the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭therealme

I have supported Rugby since 1997 - when many of today's "fans" didn't know anything about it! I have huge issues with the manager (said from the start he wasn't the man for the job) - the team themselves cant introduce younger players/make managerial decisions.
    My point was, I think looking at the team in general -what the guys do for charities ((a LOT) which does not get mentioned) and the recognition they brought for our country through the years and then compare them to Johnny Ronan etc. who are nobody's..they don't deserve to be in the same comparison.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 R.W Callaghan

The Celtic Tiger may have created some bad celebrities but the recession has created bloody Tallafornia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Rosanna Davison, stunner of a girl............ and that's about it! Walkin plank

I don't she's stupid at all, very cunning in fact....dare i say, calculated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

I don't she's stupid at all, very cunning in fact....dare i say, calculated.

Miscalculated more like it in the marathon:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Brendan Kennelly? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

Harry Crosbie and his trumpet blower Gerry Ryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Tommy Tiernan, closely followed by Brendan O'Carroll. Both of them about as funny as an outbreak of rabies in a guide dog puppy training centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Lisa Murphy
    Katy French
    Gavin Lambe Murphy
    Glenda Gilson
    Gerald and Clodagh Kean
    The Caffolas
    Michelle Rocca

And Barry Egan for blowing these SoCoDub non-entities out of proportion

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Disco George Murphy

Well I like BO'C, but I totally agree with you about Tommy Tiernan, he is quite possibly the most heartless, lazy, unfunny and pretentious so-called comedian out there. A disgrace to Ireland and the fact that he has such a large fanbase is proof that the people in this world are deluded.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Alison O'Whatserface who bought a stunning property by the docklands and bitched and moaned about it in that book of ungodly evil called The Sindo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Katy French
    Rosanna Davison
    Roz Purcell
    Gavin Lambe Murphy
    Georgina Ahern
    Lisa Murphy
    Gerald Kean
    Vogue Williams
    Glenda Gilson
    Calum Best
    Amanda Brunker

Although not quite Celtic Tiger, the Tallafornia lot are nearly worse than any of them.
    I'm not a fan of Brendan O'Carroll, at all, but don't think he's a good shout, he's around donkeys years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

All the Sunday Indo journalist cheerleaders for the Celtic tiger so called socialites, who thought they were the real story,all now up to their neck in their own celtic tiger debts and keep on bitching about it on their rag,makes me feel good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,365 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Des Bishop.
    And he's not a bit funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

3 spring to mind
    hector
    hector
    and
    hector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Bressie, nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

karaokeman wrote: »
    Bressie, nuff said.

Nailed it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Glenda Gilson is the ultimate celtic tiger spin off, along with 90% of the other so called models that we have in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭mactheknife19

Glenda Gilson is the ultimate celtic tiger spin off, along with 90% of the other so called models that we have in this country.

I wish everytime her and her ilk put called themselves a model (or a stylist, this seems to be latest thing to call themselves!!!) they were fined a €5euro tax. We'd be out of recession by the turn of the year.

We must have the greatest models per capita in the world. Your promotion girls,,,,not models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Agreed. Irish models followed by Gavin Lambe Murphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Cienciano wrote: »

Agreed. Irish models followed by Gavin Lambe Murphy
    Allison O Connor, self proclaimed model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Anyone for a sour grape then...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭cosbloodymick

Leave my Glenda alone. I know she loves me and we WILL be together! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Anyone for a sour grape then...:p

I'll have the bunch thanks.

Leave my Glenda alone. I know she loves me and we WILL be together! ;)

If it gets her off the TV, i think we should all work to make it happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Des Bishop.
    And he's not a bit funny.
    + 1 and since when did he become a lecturer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jedward, can hardly open a paper or turn the tele but they are on it.

Ill admit I had to Google it but jedward were on tv in 2009 first. How exactly are they a celtic tiger creation?

While they are firmly in the "people its cool to say you hate" list, they don't fit in this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

+ 1 and since when did he become a lecturer?

His entire shtick is based upon racial stereotypes and him attempting to mimic regional accents whilst preaching to irish people about thier shortcomings as a nation.

If he doesnt like Irsh people he should fcuck off back to america..the twat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement