Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poultry sale in westmeath

Options
  • 08-08-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

There is a poultry sale/craft/local produce sale at 'Shindig Farm', Dalystown, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath on Sunday 19th August. Is anyone going? Will any one be bringing hatching eggs or guinea fowl?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

I will be going to try to buy some laying hens, I have made a.new chicken cope but i need to fox prove it before I buy the chickens. I must have a look on the creamery for wire on Saturday, does there be plenty of laying hens there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 astonbaretta

I was there last time and there was a nice selection of laying and breeding stock.
    The place it self is nice with a shop on site for tea's. They had a BBQ as well with their own sausages and burgers.
    Grand for bringing the kids as there is a nice walk around it with some animals to see.
    I see on the add on done deal it's free for buyers and kids.
    Make a change!

Oh that sounds good thanks, I dont have childern myself but it sounds like a good day out and a good place to buy the hens, please god it stays dry for it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:p Am I the only one who clicked in here thinking there was a barf bargain at meat factory etc? :D

tk123 wrote: »
    :p Am I the only one who clicked in here thinking there was a barf bargain at meat factory etc? :D

I dont understand you, but i think the answer is yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

There's a fair on tomorrow here again. Seems like it will be good. http://fowl.ie/sales-and-shows/viewevent/28-shindig-farm-poultry-craft-fair

But where is it exactly? Where from Dalystown, Off the N52 or near Kilmore East or... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 astonbaretta

From Wallaces pub in Dalystown, take the Tyrrellspass road, pass the primary school, take the first turn to the right (Raheenmore road), and you will see the signs for the farm at the top of the avenue.

From Wallaces pub in Dalystown, take the Tyrrellspass road, pass the primary school, take the first turn to the right (Raheenmore road), and you will see the signs for the farm at the top of the avenue.

Thanks for that! I went down today and got a bird, but the sale was pretty quiet. Lots of nice looking turkeys though!

Was their any laying hens this time, awful shortage last time.

Was their any laying hens this time, awful shortage last time.

There was hardly any sellers there. I'd say there were about 6 - 8 layers in total.

• Advertisement

Thanks, same as last time by the sounds of things, I made a coop during the summer but havent filled it yet.

Advertisement