Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NO DEEP END?!

Options
  • 08-08-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all!
    I'm learning to swim and very nervous of the deep end... does anyone know of a pool that has the same level throughout in Dublin- preferably in the South Dublin area??? Any advice appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lexa

Westwood Leopardstown - pool is about 4 foot in depth throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 26 miryan

Thanks Lexa, will check it out! I think westwood is quite expensive though, not sure if there are any public pool alternatives - might be wishful thinking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lexa

It's about 75 euro a month for membership. If you are just doing swimming lessons though, you don't necessarily have to be a member (in WW Clontarf that's the case, not sure if Leopardstown is the same).

You could drop them an email and ask
    http://www.learntoswim.ie/

Will do, thanks again Lexa.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

Castlepark in Dalkey have a 25m meter pool with the same depth end to end. pay as you go option is €5, at the moment as the school is closed there are a lot on open swim sessions but the number of these will reduce drastically in September.

• Advertisement

Cheers Highway to hell! The pool in Dalkey sounds ideal, shame about the location (am public transport dependant from Stillorgan!) :( Good option for the weekend though!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lorcan122

Mespil Pool by the burlington hotel just off lesson street, has a pool which has shallow end for 15 meters, and the next 5 meters is deep, most people just go to the end of the shallow end and then turn around and swim back. It is pay as you go as well, it is a close to stillorgen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Donelson

These guys in D4 (Marian College)

http://www.facebook.com/marianswimmingpool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Donelson wrote: »
    These guys in D4 (Marian College)

http://www.facebook.com/marianswimmingpool

Marian College has a deep end???

Edit: Just looked at the pics! It's looking well, didn't realise it's been done up!The pics still show a deepend thpugh!!

Thanks all for the info, much appreciated!! Off I go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

The Tallaght leisure complex have pool with adjustable depth of the bottom. you might check their schedule. I am not going there because I have moved further away.

Advertisement