Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Kindle 4/Touch Cover @ Tesco €9.03

Options
  • 05-08-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭

Saw this on HUKD, and picked up one at Tesco Drogheda. No sign of any sort of sale on shelf as it still shows insane old price of 35 euro or so, but it's actually just €9.03. This is the real official Amazon Kindle cover - with nice plastic base that your Kindle 4 or Touch can click into, with a thin leather(?) cover. Very nice and tidy, and way better looking than the 10 euro DealExtreme/eBay/ pvc leather covers. This is NOT the version with built in light.

41a7D4PxONL._AA300_.jpg

PS: Amazon still lists it for £30.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭webels

Thanks Positron - can confirm these scan at €9.03 in tesco extra naas

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thanks man,

bought one this morning in stillorgan, delighted :)

shelf price was still €40 but scanned at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Picked up what might have been the last two in Tesco Roxboro, Limerick. Thanks OP. Reduced price was actually marked on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Thanks. Picked one up in Tesco Ballybrack - they were marked up at the new lower price on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JustinTables

Just picked one up in Ballybrack. Cheers OP. Still had around 10 left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Kindle 4 cover with light scanned at 8.40e in longford, was one left yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭positron

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I will have to have another look at all nearby Tescos, there was none with light in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yeah i saw the empty rack in stillorgan with that price, no cover tho

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

Wexford town branch had a bunch of Belkin & M-Edge covers but none of the official ones. the M-Edge in purple which were reduced to about 9€ are good and will protect the screen well - I have a similar one for my Kindle Keyboard and its excellent. the belkin ones are reduced to about the same but are way too flimsy to protect the screen, the cover is a fairly nasty pleather too but you don't realise til you've paid for it and they take it out of one of those confounded security boxes... at which point it might be too late...

Great deal though for the official cases, and the M-edge cases to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Checked in Tesco Bloomfields and there were none left. They had an empty rack priced at 30.99, wonder if someone is buying them all up to resell them. :mad:

• Advertisement

Julez wrote: »
    ...wonder if someone is buying them all up to resell them. :mad:

They must sell them real quick because rumour is that Amazon will bring out a colour e-ink device real soon. I am thinking, colour e-ink would appeal to comics and magazine readers - but that would only be effective if the screen is slightly larger. 10" ideally, but may be 8" or even 7". In any case I think the form factor is going to change, hence these sales on current Kindle accessories.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Just picked one up in Tesco Jervis Street, they are marked €9.03

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

For those in the Kildare area ... the bad news is there are none in Naas and Newbridge. The good news is that there are about 10-15 "non-light" official covers in Kildare (scanning at €9.03), and about 5 "light" official covers (scanning at €8).

This is great value.

There are also lots of other nonofficial covers ... some seem to be reduced, others not reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

Thanks OP and ToadVine for specific info for those in the Kildare area.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Trilogy

Just got a non light one in Tesco Nutgrove- bout 10 left. Delighted! Thx OP!

Glad you got one. However, I am dead jealous of those of you who found one with the light on sale. I could really use one. I wonder if there's one in stock somewhere near Drogheda/Dublin City Center (none in Drogheda Extra or Jarvis St),

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

I got the last one in Navan about 8pm yesterday, it was a stray in the middle of rail full of "Tesco Finest" covers - €8.40 (with a light), result!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Just picked one up in Ballybrack. Cheers OP. Still had around 10 left.

Someone must have hoovered them up, I was there last night around 720 and they were all gone, got the very last purple cover for €11.19 thankfully it was for me ma and not me.

still plenty left in Stillorgan. marked 39.99 but scan at 9.03. none with light. nice neat little cover - looks slick and adds a nice weight to the unit.

No Amazon covers in Clare Hall Tesco, just fyi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Would this fit the Kobo Touch too? They're same size afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

None left in Clearwater but I managed to get a Belkin one for 8E. There are a few left in the electronics aisle, not the area near the front of the door where the kindles are

padyjoe wrote: »
    Would this fit the Kobo Touch too? They're same size afaik.

who knows. kindle fits right into the cover so unless the moulding at back is exact same it probably won't work. suggest to go to a Tesco and try.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

None left in Jervis at 1pm today. There was plenty of another brand of covers for E11 but only in purple and pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

Got two in Tesco Waterford (Ballybeg) yesterday. Great bargain alert OP. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭gnolan

glasso wrote: »
    still plenty left in Stillorgan. marked 39.99 but scan at 9.03. none with light. nice neat little cover - looks slick and adds a nice weight to the unit.

Can you tell me whereabouts in the Stillorgan tesco the covers are? I couldn't find them anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

gnolan wrote: »
    Can you tell me whereabouts in the Stillorgan tesco the covers are? I couldn't find them anywhere

If it's like Tesco Ballybrack they should be right beside the Kindles themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just picked one up in greystones none left with the light but about 15 normal. Thanks op.

gnolan wrote: »

in the homewares shop - beside tesco off licence. near front door / cash register. ask the cash register attendant maybe... there were 7 or 8 left last night. right where they are selling normal kindles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭gnolan

If it's like Tesco Ballybrack they should be right beside the Kindles themselves.

Thanks, i didn't actually realise that there were two Tescos in Stillorgan.

I picked up one for €9.03. It doesn't fit my Kindle...

this one....

KW-slate-02-lg._V166950133_.jpg

Advertisement