Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squeak in the room

Options
  • 04-08-2012 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

No, its not a sequel to the bestselling sh1te in the bucket

I am lying in bed minding my own business, working on a report, when from nearby I hear faint but distinct squeaks. 5 in quick succession, followed by another group. The cat has spent the last 10 hours sleeping in here, they started as soon as she left.

Any ideas on what it could be? Please tell me there is a harmless insect that squeaks in Ireland? I lived abroad before, we used to get these dainty little lizards that kept insects away. Great bunch of lads altogether, they would be welcome as well.

Over the last few days the house has been raided, first by moths, then by spiders whom I can only assume followed them in. A senate of rats would drive me around the bend altogether!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mouse orgy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Time to lube up

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Dean09 wrote: »
    Mouse orgy

I always said I want to try everything once before I die, although this isn't something I had prepared for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

blackdog2 wrote: »
    I always said I want to try everything once before I die, although this isn't something I had prepared for.

You don't need to prepare. Just stick on some funky music, make sure your 'tash is combed and dive on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

It's RATS !!!!!!!! Arrrggghhh,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Sounds like you should move house.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ghost infestation obviously, put the house on the market and stay stum to the estate agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its either mice or shrews

Hmm, I swear on my tache that these infestations are down to luck, come winter they should have frozen. The cat is back anyhow, so all messing seems to have stopped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

OP its house aids, definitely house aids...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

It`s the cat. She`s cracking up laughing at you outside the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

It's probably rats, rats covered in spiders.

h2005 wrote: »
    It`s the cat. She`s cracking up laughing at you outside the door

probably, although as I pointed out she has returned from her travels

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Giant squeeking tarantulas, with those huge arses that exploded millions of spiders all of your bed and in your mouth. Sorry op, you're going to have to burn the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Naomi00 wrote: »

The bringer of good news Naomi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

Get a shotgun and every time you hear a squeak, fire at that location.
    Soon after, you won't hear squeaks but you will have tinitis and a squeak free house. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Have you recently bought a pet hamster? I bought a hamster once, 5 days later I had seven hamsters. Adults are silent, the baby ones squeek. It's a longshot.
    Bit early for mice in houses I would have thought.?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Bring the cat back in - she'll sort the rodents out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Giant squeeking tarantulas, with those huge arses that exploded millions of spiders all of your bed and in your mouth. Sorry op, you're going to have to burn the house.

Feckin HATE when that happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Does the squeak sound like this
    'gigity gigity gigity squeak'
    If so its glen quagmire rat hidin in the wardrobe

Had a chat with the cat. No exploding arsed ratspiders around, I don't have a wardrobe but there is a good chance of there being quagmire headed rats around... Imagine the mess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

There's a bat under your duvet somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

BluesBerry wrote: »

That reminds me of Japan.

Nothing manifested itself, although I did catch a mosquito - I thought they didn't exist in Ireland?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

If I could find the baxtards I would happily charge rent/exploit their beloved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It's probably mice, not rats. Mice aren't so bad. You probably wouldn't hear a rat before it started wiggling down your throat while you slept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Just so you know, these rats are already breeding...

... Every time you fall asleep they crawl on your face and take turns to get sick in your mouth...

Just saying...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Shryke wrote: »
    It's probably mice, not rats. Mice aren't so bad. You probably wouldn't hear a rat before it started wiggling down your throat while you slept.

Though some rats nowadays will eat their way into your throat , rather than use your mouth......just sayin'

Advertisement