Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Where to bring excess recycling

• 03-08-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭ BogMonkey

I forgot to take the recycling bin out twice in a row now so I need an alternative way to get rid of it. Where can I bring it? I don't have a car so I can't really bring it to the depot or wherever it is the bin trucks take it.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 61,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭ L1011

BogMonkey wrote: »
    I forgot to take the recycling bin out twice in a row now so I need an alternative way to get rid of it. Where can I bring it? I don't have a car so I can't really bring it to the depot or wherever it is the bin trucks take it.

This question is unanswerable unless you say where in the country you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭ Pete_Cavan

Check your local council website, they will have some recycling facilities available.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭ BogMonkey

I'm in north county Dublin but I was asking in general what kinda places you can bring recycling to (i.e. the way some supermarkets have bottle banks in the car parks etc.).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 61,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭ L1011

The availability of facilities varies wildly across the country. You have no guarantee of getting more than glass/aluminium banks locally and generally most parts of the country don't have anything else.

Realistically you need to go to a larger recycling centre such as Coolmine which has plastic/paper/metal areas but without a car you can't do that easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭ BogMonkey

Yeah it takes me 2 hours to get to Coolmine with public transport. Ah well, I'll just pack it all into bin bags for now then try stack a few bags on top of the green bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭ cargo

If you have one of those bottle banks nearby have a look and see what they take. Some of the CoCo ones near me take plastic bottles as well as all glass so you can reduce the recycling pile by a fair bit just getting rid of them alone.

Advertisement