Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to bring excess recycling

Options
  • 03-08-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I forgot to take the recycling bin out twice in a row now so I need an alternative way to get rid of it. Where can I bring it? I don't have a car so I can't really bring it to the depot or wherever it is the bin trucks take it.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

BogMonkey wrote: »
    I forgot to take the recycling bin out twice in a row now so I need an alternative way to get rid of it. Where can I bring it? I don't have a car so I can't really bring it to the depot or wherever it is the bin trucks take it.

This question is unanswerable unless you say where in the country you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Check your local council website, they will have some recycling facilities available.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭BogMonkey

I'm in north county Dublin but I was asking in general what kinda places you can bring recycling to (i.e. the way some supermarkets have bottle banks in the car parks etc.).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The availability of facilities varies wildly across the country. You have no guarantee of getting more than glass/aluminium banks locally and generally most parts of the country don't have anything else.

Realistically you need to go to a larger recycling centre such as Coolmine which has plastic/paper/metal areas but without a car you can't do that easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭BogMonkey

Yeah it takes me 2 hours to get to Coolmine with public transport. Ah well, I'll just pack it all into bin bags for now then try stack a few bags on top of the green bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

If you have one of those bottle banks nearby have a look and see what they take. Some of the CoCo ones near me take plastic bottles as well as all glass so you can reduce the recycling pile by a fair bit just getting rid of them alone.

Advertisement