Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowing

Options
  • 02-08-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

For some time (circa 4 years) I have always wanted to take part in rowing but as there are no clubs near me I have never had the chance. Now I am off to uni I am considering joining the rowing team but am scared I won't be good enough. I'm 5'6'' female and quite large/curvy. I have recorded a pb on a stationary rower of 1.54 (500m), though I don't remember the resistance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭davlacey

rowing is more mental. if u can push through ur arms burning and u hands blistering u will be grand.try out and see if u enjoy it first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Hands blistering? Burning arms? not on a sliding seat skulling rowing boat, like the university rowing clubs have!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hands blistering? Burning arms? not on a sliding seat skulling rowing boat, like the university rowing clubs have!

Man up! get in a proper boat that will give you blisters on your hands and arse!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Talent

Give it a go - you have nothing to lose. Most rowing clubs want new members and I recall many years ago being made very welcome at UCD's rowing club in Isdlandbridge and given free training over several weekends. The only reason I didn't keep it up was the schedule. I had 9 am lectures and the team I was put on trained very early in the morning meaning I had to be up at 6, get to Islanbridge from Ranelagh then pelt off to Belfield by 9. Impossible.

Advertisement