Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Kelly Tour 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Light winds and clear skies in the morning according to windguru :D
    http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=130536

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Just not on, they know how many are taking part so a simple question on the registration about jersey size should cover all bases, it really doesn't take a genius to work this out.:mad:

well not quite, you could register up till Tuesday, but jerseys would have a couple of week lead-time, so that would still be room for error. least they could do is a small refund if you don't get a jersey.

anyways. off to bed the lot of ye, see ya in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Good advice! I'm in SeanKellyland (carrick) full of pints now, and in the chipper. Time for bed, up at 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Just finished the brekkie, pack up the car and off i go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

This is a bit early for a Sunday - who's idea was this again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

This is a bit early for a Sunday - who's idea was this again?

So this is what stupid o'clock looks like?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

ugh. need more coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

kenmc wrote: »
    ugh. need more coffee.
    Need Our heads examined.

Best of luck everyone. Enjoy and get round safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

CptMackey wrote: »
    No jerseys left? That's annoying. Will hopefully see some other boardies on the road. I'll be in my jersey. :) on the 100 k

M, interested in forming a grupetto for this? Im on the ton as well

Ya well up for that. Heading down now.
    I'll hang around the green area before the start in my boards gear. Pm me for number if ye want will be on the phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Just finished my breakfast and started to moving out slowly.

See you all there. I will be in my usual Kilkenny colours (sort off) and wearing yellow arm warmers, if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

No jerseys left? That's annoying. Will hopefully see some other boardies on the road. I'll be in my jersey. :) on the 100 k

M, interested in forming a grupetto for this? Im on the ton as well

Ya well up for that. Heading down now.
    I'll hang around the green area before the start in my boards gear. Pm me for number if ye want will be on the phone :)
    I'll keep an eye out for your lovely bulb.

Arrived and registered!

Only XL and XXL jerseys left.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cornerboy

Beautiful morning in the Deices......blue skies and light breeze, enjoy it.

I'm here and registered hanging around by the registration area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

It's a beautiful morning here in Clare....hope it's just as nice in Co.Waterford :) good luck to everyone taking part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭nilhg

I'm off to warm up the combine and get started on the wheat, hopefully next year the summer will be good, I'll be finished early and be able to make the SKT.

Hope ye all have a ball today.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Really enjoyed that! Did the 100km, the new route was very good, stunning scenery!
    Bit of an odd day for me as I started well back in the field so I was flying through to get up to the front group after the roll out...which I assumed were just behind the lead car. Got up to lead car but there was only 2 lads behind it so I'd left the main group behind!
    I stayed behind the lead car for the whole day then, passing all the early birds. Was eventually caught at 80km by one guy and we rode in then together (of course I lost the pretend sprint to the line...doh!)
    Thanks to the organisers and marshals and my buddy for the day in the lead car. Job well done ;-)

Wife did the 50k and said it was a fantastic day, throughly enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

Did the 100km. Was a great day for a spin - haunted with the weather. Very well marshalled route and good roads. A bit of a scrum for tea at the end, but other than that cant fault it. Ate enough cake to fill out the XL jersey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Completed the 100km in 5 hours. Saw 2 boards jerseys...

Good day, weather was amazing and only one hill got the better of me.

It's very annoying about the jersey sizes and the lack of toilets at the first water stop but otherwise well organised!!

• Advertisement

Finished the 100k in 4 hours. Was exhausted after the effort tho. Great day out. Rodger h gave me company for the spin. Saw a good few boards jerseys at the start but none out n about. Great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭gwakamoley

Completed the 160K. Great spin. A huge well done to all the volunteers marshalling the course, they were smiling all day long.Now time for a lie down...

Done. Wrecked. Pint time.

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Arse is killing me. Left knee very sore from 60km on. Had to basically drop into granny gear for any sort of minor incline as I couldn't put pressure on it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Saw a good few boards jerseys at the start but none out n about. Great day.

You know boardsies...standing around at the start of events before putting the bike back in the boot when it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

Met one Boardsie on a Scott on the 100km who was struggling a wee bit coming into Knockanore - didn't get your name - I was the lad in the Dungarvan CC gear.

Junior wrote: »
    Met one Boardsie on a Scott on the 100km who was struggling a wee bit coming into Knockanore - didn't get your name - I was the lad in the Dungarvan CC gear.

that would be me ... you're being polite by saying struggling a wee bit'

I was the boardie that had to get off on that hill after the road split, the boardie who got the spins further up that hill and had to have a second brekkie sat on the ditch and then the boardie who was the recepient of your words of encouragement and gentle push ... MANY THANKS, the sangers at the food stop did wonders for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Capt.Mackey, resplendent in his Boards livery led our little grupetto (gruppettissimo?) out of Dungarvan and established, a nice canter.
    Their accents might be flat ;), but they've some decent hills; Kilcockman particularly draining. Although fair dues to Sean et al, they had laid on some smashing cake and totty, worth the climb alone!
    great day out, massive crowds, & thank Jeebus i stayed away from the 160km, the clouds over the Coomeraghs were impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I could hear you breathing right behind me before you got off. You didn't give up easy anyway, thats for sure, sounded like you got a proper workout there. You were next to my missus, I was talking to you briefly earlier on the red and black cervelo. FYI, that piece was a sustained section of 9% gradient. Like a short Alpe D'Huez. If climbing's not your thing that's going to hurt. Well done for getting around it.
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    that would be me ... you're being polite by saying struggling a wee bit'

I was the boardie that had to get off on that hill after the road split, the boardie who got the spins further up that hill and had to have a second brekkie sat on the ditch and then the boardie who was the recepient of your words of encouragement and gentle push ... MANY THANKS, the sangers at the food stop did wonders for me!!

• Advertisement

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    I could hear you breathing right behind me before you got off. You didn't give up easy anyway, thats for sure, sounded like you got a proper workout there. You were next to my missus, I was talking to you briefly earlier on the red and black cervelo. FYI, that piece was a sustained section of 9% gradient. Like a short Alpe D'Huez. If climbing's not your thing that's going to hurt. Well done for getting around it.

I kinda ran out of gears :rolleyes: and Lance's delivery never came through:eek:

remember you alright ..navi+blue waterford cycling kit?

Was thinking that black and red(thought is was pink) bike would go well with my bright pink helmet.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement