Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever been on a game show?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Went to a recording of Alan Carrs celebrity family fortunes....

Hes a knob and we were there ages!!

I was in the front row and was asked to take off my cardigan because it was black and it would look like there was an empty seat lol

Yeah we were told not to wear stripes, black and white and brands. The host ended up wearing all that and couldn't spit out the first opening line of the show so we were sitting on these block seat with no backs on them for hours, could barely walk the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Yeah we were told not to wear stripes, black and white and brands. The host ended up wearing all that and couldn't spit out the first opening line of the show so we were sitting on these block seat with no backs on them for hours, could barely walk the next day!

Not the only thing Alan Carr doesn't like to spit out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 weirdtodamoon

I was on the Den when I was younger. Won a Mr Freeze slushy maker thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Surely someone's been on Winning Streak?

Got your markers, crayons and sparkles out and made a few placards?

Come on, own up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Me and a mate went to a "You Bet" show with Brucie. We ended up in the front row, so, for the banter, we kept dead straight faces and refused to clap or smile - just sat there stony faced. After about 20 minutes, Brucie asked for us to be moved to the back. Oh the fun we had. Ok, not fun, but it was interesting. Well, we saw Brucie. Not interesting, really. Anyway. "You Bet". No. No, we don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Not quite a gameshow but there used to be a Football/Comedy type show thing on TV3 back around 2005 (actually it was the night before Liverpool vs Milan in the Champions League final in Istanbul), and having emailed in the previous week for a chance to play against the guest of the show online in a Pro Evolution Soccer 4 penalty shootout on Xbox, I was told I would be participating this week, and each penalty scored was a prize (the segment was called Penos For Prizes).

That week the guest was Ken Doherty, so I got a phone call, was told to go online and start a match with this random account, let it go to penalties, and then was put through to the studio, the host was that guy who does Republic of Telly now, and he made his jokes etc and myself and Snooker champion Ken Doherty get down to the pens. He was Liverpool, I was Milan, I won the shootout 4-0, saved all of his pens as I'm sure he had no idea what he was doing, and I asked if I got the 5th prize as I was not able to take a 5th penalty, the studio laughed, I never got the 5th prize, only the 4. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

Great replies guys. I wont be on any shows soon, although I did get asked to do a bit of extra work on the 3rd series of Love - Hate, thats coming out in September. My cousin is the assistant producer. They needed genuine looking "heads" from finglas as the shoot a scene there at a pub. I turned it down and let my brother do it. They had him smoking and cutting up heroin at a kitchen table for his scene. Two days work and 200 extra euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

barry711 wrote: »
    Great replies guys. I wont be on any shows soon, although I did get asked to do a bit of extra work on the 3rd series of Love - Hate, thats coming out in September. My cousin is the assistant producer. They needed genuine looking "heads" from finglas as the shoot a scene there at a pub. I turned it down and let my brother do it. They had him smoking and cutting up heroin at a kitchen table for his scene. Two days work and 200 extra euro.
    One of my vans was in that, claim to fame or what. It gets rear-ended by the car in a shoot out scene...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I was on a gameshow on CBBC when I was 9.

If anyone's seen that National Lottery quizshow where the contestants are picked by coloured balls, that's how contestants were picket on this show.

We filmed for 7 hours and didn't get picked once. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I was in the audience of winning streak a few years back, when my nana was on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Was in the audience for Question of Sport when they had Brad Friedel, Tim Cahill, Dennis Taylor, Benni McCarthy, Tufnell and someone else whose name I forget on. I like sport, but it was not exactly thrilling to be honest! I'm fairly sure as well that Steve Hughes was the crowd warm up act!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Yes. I lost and got a pie in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Marty looks on himself as god's gift to women.

You are wrong,

Women are gods gifts to Marty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

I was on "Hiúdaí" on TnaG when I was about 6

I was on Hiúdaí on TnaG!! :eek:

-sup homie... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Never been on a gameshow but I had my email read out on ITV's phone-in quiz show called Quizmania when I was 16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I was on Crime Call. I won a few grand in a bank with a sawn off shotgun.

Does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

My mother was on Family Fortunes, Alan Hughe's one haha..

Will be airing in November!

Experience wise.. It was new so it was a little sketchy but overall had a ball and so did we, guess it was the whole idea rather then the game itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Surely someone's been on Winning Streak?

Got your markers, crayons and sparkles out and made a few placards?

Come on, own up.

I was on winning streak, playing for my ma.

Won 40grand or something, hadn;t a bulls notion what was going on... got to spin the wheel and all.

So the lowdown ..

Odds are 1 in 40,000 to get picked every week (that's what the Lotto rep told us but now I'm thinking he meant 5 in 40,000 which isn;t to bad)

Only wierdo's actually want the cars and holidays. You sign a form before hand to say you'd like to take the cash equivalent, something about people getting red cars and wanting to change them for blue ones yadda yadda

They have to ask you twice what option your going for incase you sue the ass off them.

When you see people touching the screen, it hardly ever works, some geek in the control room presses the keyboard instead

People put their cats and dogs names down on the 3 stars cards (or whatever type of cards they are)

People write "Mary from Cork" as their Address

Dereck Mooney is a real gent,talks to you like a normal person and he actually sounds interested in what you have to say, listening to him interview on the radio he actually has a bit of personality and insight so I was disappointed when he didn;t get even a look in for the late late gig after, instead of Tubridy.. "So tell me about your mother and father then...yawnnnn"

Now this is a juicy tax avoidance tip that any true Irishman would love... when people win the lotto jackpot sometimes the reason why people are so slow to come forward is because they are negotiating a share in the ticket with a solicitor and people you want to give money to... i.e. you could be libel for gift tax if you give someone a bucket of money but if you draw up a contract to say all your amigos are part of a syndicate then they can all share the money tax free.. Wonder if that has implications if your signature was on the back and you were declared bankrupt previously..

you get a free meal in the canteen ... which is VERY basic (chips beans and sausages)

You get one or two free drinks of your choosing

Everybody else you are playing with hasn;t a clue whats going on either and is usually a load of biddies as mentioned earlier.

There is no skill involved in the games (maybe very mild gambling). Which is good because they take ages explaining how to make a basic random choice, so imagine if they had to explain actual rules for a game of skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

brummytom wrote: »
    I was on a gameshow on CBBC when I was 9.

If anyone's seen that National Lottery quizshow where the contestants are picked by coloured balls, that's how contestants were picket on this show.

We filmed for 7 hours and didn't get picked once. :(
    what show was it?

Pantsface wrote: »
    I saw Marty in Liffey Valley a few months ago.

I'd be more amused if you'd seen Marty queuing in the dole office :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

...London?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Louthdrog

Served mass live one Sunday morning when I was a kid while the Rte mass was touring the country.
    A 3 hour rehearsal the night before. It was exactly like the scene from father ted when they were rehearsing teds award. Priests practicing chalice lifts the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

i was on "The running man" in 1987 and lost after the 1st round. :0(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I was a substitute for Blackboard Jungle. And they didn't bring the substitutes along on the night. It was just a heartless ploy to spin my hopes and dreams out.

It was twenty years ago, it still hurts :(

I was also a substitute for blackboard jungle, but one of the team pulled out at the last minute. So I got a chance to show off my knowledge of Mike Flowers pop, Brookside and the Carpenters on national tv. We still lost though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

I'll give you a clue, you live there...

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

barry711 wrote: »
    Just wondering if there is any members on the boards who have been on any Irish tv game shows? and if so, how was the experience :) actually can be any tv show for that matter

A few years ago I rang into a show called Play TV as a prank call . What a waste of money though, but still funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I was also a substitute for blackboard jungle, but one of the team pulled out at the last minute. So I got a chance to show off my knowledge of Mike Flowers pop, Brookside and the Carpenters on national tv. We still lost though

I am so jealous of you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It was either a question on incest or Ron 'Dicko' Dixon!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Corvo

Not on one myself, but one of my teachers was on that show Cabin Fever.

We all used think she was sound, so either she was really a total c**t or they just edit it that way.

She never came back! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Scruffles wrote: »
    what show was it?
    It was called 'All or Nothing' presented by the most moronic woman I've ever seen and the bloke who presents 'Toonatik' on CITV.

Advertisement