Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Top Up Credit Card

Options
  • 31-07-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

A simple Question.

I've a limit on my credit card of €600 and it can't be increased as it's a student one.

I'm off to America on Thurs and I'm probably going to spend more than that over there.

Can I "top up" my credit card by Transferring funds from my current account and spend as normal?

So if I transfer over €500 into it. Does that mean my max spend is €1100 because I'm actually still only going into €600 credit?

And how do I go about this? I see an option on my online banking to "pay a bill" and select my credit card and put whatever I want on it. Is that what I'm looking for?

Hope that makes sense and would love if someone could let me know.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

That's exactly it. Simply "overpay" your bill and the remainder is put towards future purchases.

One thing to note is that, in the event of fraud or getting your card stolen, you are only covered for the 600 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Brilliant! Thanks. Just wanted to make sure. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I have done this a number of times in the past and it was never an issue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I thought there was a charge for 'topping up' the new cards that were launched in 2005, thats why i stayed with the 'classic card'. Best to call them and ask if there is a penelty for a credit balance.

Advertisement