Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creedon's Cities

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Thought it was rubbish to be honest they focused on Moyross and Rugby mostly the segment in the milk market was embarrassing as others have said the Milk Market on a saturday would have been a much better choice, I wouldn't have gone too much into the city centre as everything is closing down and the place looks raggedy as ****,

But theres loads for people of Limerick to be excited about not just bloody moyross and our Rugby clubs , theres the gaelic grounds, UL, LIT, the soccer club which by the way is about to host the countries most high profile friendly in a long while (and no Man U vs the Airtricity 11 doesn't count, I think it started well but ended up turning into a vanity project for you're man creedon because RTE had nothing else for him to do and going by the highlights of the cork one thats going to be on next week, looks like more of the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

The overall series has been disappointing, very gimmicky (like that ghost thing and the period reenactment at the end) and quite boring at times. Being a Galway native I was looking forward to that episode and it was worse than watching paint dry. However, I think Limerick comes out of it quite good for a change. They could have shortened certain segments and added in a few more areas of the city but overall I think it showed a side to the city not everyone sees. I've always maintained that wide angle shots from the Clancy Strand side of the river give a great view of the city and this could be seen plenty of times throughout the show.

Pity Creedon is an insufferable ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

NO mention of the great music scene here? Or The Cranberries etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

moan moan moan moan moan..... just thought I'd join in!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Please don't do that. Pointless posts are considered spam. Spam is bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Please don't do that. Pointless posts are considered spam. Spam is bad.

Mmmm spam....

drooling_homer.gif

In all seriousness though, watched this last night. Thought the stuff about the soviets was good but the rest was meh...

Especially the ghost thing, I know alot of people believe in spirits and stuff and they have every right to but that had nothing what so ever to do with Limerick city...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Especially the ghost thing, I know alot of people believe in spirits and stuff and they have every right to but that had nothing what so ever to do with Limerick city...

Yes it did. It was about some people who lived in limerick, died and became ghosts. Wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,817 ✭✭✭✭phog

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Ive never heard it before, its great!

It's covered brilliantly in Pigtown, next time it's on try and catch it.

Back OT, I refrained from reading this thread until I saw the programme and overall I was happy enough with what was broadcast with the exception of the ghosts in the Milk Market, the market itself is one of the success storys around the city and it got poor coverage in what they chose to broadcast.

It's very difficult to condense a programme about a city into an hour long programme without someone being upset at something being omitted or edited, yes, I guess there was some opportunities missed but it did portray the city in a good light. The best piece for me was Pat Doran with his new boat built by the primary school in Moyross.

I can see why Thomond Park and rugby got a mention, I know there are snide remarks here every so often about a game being worth €10m to the city, but the games that Munster bring to Limerick must be the biggest income earners for the city from any sporting activity in the city.

Overall, I'd be happy enough with what got broadcast.

Advertisement