Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential for severe thunderstorm/tornadic activity in East Wednesday AM (01/08)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Lucreto wrote: »
    Windy and sunny in Naas now.

I hope it keeps up my Driving test is in a few hours.

Good luck :) Lucreto

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Nice little Squall line forming now .. :)

215402.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sun has been out here for the last while (and hopefully elsewhere?) which hopefully might give a bit energy to the cold front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Had a brief cloud burst there that yielded 3.2mm in roughly 5 to 10 mins... Looks like that's it for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Huge heavy shower just passed Edenderry flooded the garden and only lasted a few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Just passed over head. To be honest it hadn't much intensity and very little wind. Just enough to keep down the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Very nice squall line,

I have no camera to snap it!

People get your cameras ready:D

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Lashed here, reached 53mm/hr with 3.0mm of rainfall, nothing else noteworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Looks sweet ..should be with us in about 30mins ..hopefully the intensity will contuine to increase...no sparks from it yet?
    Yeah camera to ready hopefully there will be something to film.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

No doubt it will break up, this side of the city at least, when it hits the Wicklow Mountains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Should be over Dublin now?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Yep, just hit Citywest a few mins ago.

Just in front of me now, would be a nice picture if i was out in the open .. but other than that not that exciting. Better than nothing though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Heavens have opened in Blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

DOCARCH wrote: »
    No doubt it will break up, this side of the city at least, when it hits the Wicklow Mountains.

Annnnnd it's gone. The mountains tore it to shreds alright. Just a light shower here, completely uneventful.

Rougies wrote: »
    Annnnnd it's gone. The mountains tore it to shreds alright. Just a light shower here, completely uneventful.

Impressive alright! :D 0.6mm from that and a max rain rate of 4.8mm/hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

123balltv wrote: »
    Good luck :) Lucreto

Sadly didn't pass my Test. :(

Sudden downpour during the reverse around corner sealed it for me.

Lucreto wrote: »
    Sadly didn't pass my Test. :(

Sudden downpour during the reverse around corner sealed it for me.

Aw, sorry to hear that. Better luck next time, if it helps a lot of us fail the first time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

My concern would be that driving in the rain put you off. This is Ireland :) Half your life is spent in the rain.

Good call by MetE. No storm at all a few gusts of wind is all that I seen. Nothing to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭davehey79

484110_10150980808676872_1646804097_n.jpg
    what i wouldn't give for scenes like this over Longford !! friend of mine from Saskatoon, Central Saskatchewan in Canada posted it on his FB its from Monday gone

• Advertisement

Nabber wrote: »
    My concern would be that driving in the rain put you off. This is Ireland :) Half your life is spent in the rain.

Good call by MetE. No storm at all a few gusts of wind is all that I seen. Nothing to report.

Yes I am used to light to moderate rain but rain where a wiper on full speed didn't do the job is a different story. My little back wiper fought valiantly but it was too much for her.

I am used to dull overcast conditions more than anything. Driving in the sun is rare for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Ah no need to worry , just keep an eye on radar and you be grand :) ..

and anchor down ;)
    davehey79 wrote: »
    what i wouldn't give for scenes like this over Longford !! friend of mine from Saskatoon, Central Saskatchewan in Canada posted it on his FB its from Monday gone

holy mother of god:eek: please tell me that's not photoshopped, because that's absolute crazy.

btw, there's a heat down here in youghal that is making it quite hard to breath

davehey79 wrote: »

Wow that is amazing

I got one the US would like.

MVtd1njB90qlA3OqTwgEpA2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    holy mother of god:eek: please tell me that's not photoshopped, because that's absolute crazy.

btw, there's a heat down here in youghal that is making it quite hard to breath

It's a long exposure so it shows several strikes taken over a long period.

Su Campu wrote: »
    It's a long exposure so it shows several strikes taken over a long period.

true a stacked image of multiple exposure shots... might go see if i can stack one or 2 o my ones light this actually :D

Should we close this thread now and head back into the convective thread for tomorrow and fridays eeek! :D potential?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Nice structure in the depression to the west of us today.

215460.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement