Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AHOY - OLD ROW BOAT.....

Options
  • 30-07-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Im new to boards, so hope Im in the right place - If not someone might point me in the right direction of where I should post!

I am a member of the Dublin Amateur Dramatic Society. We are hoping to perform 2 plays this year, both of which have nautical themes (Moby Dick and an original production set in one of the life boats of the Titanic).
    Anyway, I’m trying to locate an old row boat which can be used as a prop in our production. I am wondering if anyone would have or know where I can get a disused rowboat. A rowboat that is unfit for water and is going to be thrown out or destroyed would be perfect for our use.

If you have any, or know ANYWHERE I might get one, I would really appreciate your help with this.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi OISAY, your best bet would be to try the local sailing clubs and marinas they might have something sitting around the yard. The old wooden boats can be quite heavy so you will also have to find away to transport it and lift it onto the stage. Another option might be to get some one "not me":D to make up a mock boat or half a boat from plywood and timber laths with a lick of paint it will look the same and can be easily taken apart when your finished.
    Best of luck, I'm sure if someone knows of one lying around they will let you know.

Advertisement