Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physical force republican groups unite to form new IRA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Dotsey wrote: »
    the wheels are in motion for a 32 county Ireland and it will only come through dialogue, openness, respect and reconciliation.

Do you really think the wheels are in motion?
    I think its centuries away if ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Intransigence from people who should really know better has thrust these groups together and sprung a "new IRA", an atmosphere of unity has been forged by the powers that be, something which could have been easily prevented by using some common sense.
    Wow. For a change, its everybody else's fault but the protagonists themselves.
    Quelle surprise . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Sometimes the greater good of society has to be protected and the individual rights of the few sacrificed for the greater good of society.
    These guys are hoods, thugs, criminals nothing else. Since the people north and South endorsed the Belfast Agreement these thugs have continued to murder and maim remember Masserene, Omagh, Constables Carroll and Kerr?
    The only way to fight fire is with fire and the Real Politic of this situation demands that any and all coercive measure required , from internment to shoot to kill be enacted to halt these criminals now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

JustinDee wrote: »
    Wow. For a change, its everybody else's fault but the protagonists themselves.
    Quelle surprise . . .
    Why do you think the groups involved, which have been at each others throats for years, have unified?

Instead of this division being encouraged, the opposite has happened, unity has been encouraged by giving them things to rally around, ie prisons.

This is a bad development for the peace process.

It is Britians fault, namely the secretary of state and Mi5. This could have easily been prevented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

It's the fault of a bunch of dinosaurs who did not accept the will of the majority of the people of Ireland. Blaming anyone else is quite disrespectful to the rest of us who continue to show our lack of support for these toerags at election time. Sinn Fein's vote grows precisely because they have moved away from their physical force past.

My hope, although the security forces will never admit it, is that a single organisation which a unified command will be easier to infiltrate, monitor and disrupt. So long as this is done in a way which doesn't offer up any martyrs then I believe the expertise is in place to control these clowns, at least I hope so.

If my comments seem disrespectful, it is intentional. I have absolute no respect for anyone associated with these murderers.

• Advertisement

Why do you think the groups involved, which have been at each others throats for years, have unified?

Instead of this division being encouraged, the opposite has happened, unity has been encouraged by giving them things to rally around, ie prisons.

It is Britians fault, namely the secretary of state and Mi5. This could have easily been prevented.

Do tell, how might Britain have appeased criminals such as these?

I would class them as a criminal gang, because that is what the are.

Bollocks.
    The fault lies with those who refuse to accept what the overwhelming majority of the electorate on this island want and bugger all else. The sooner they realise this, the better. Usurping the democratic wishes of population, particularly via violent means, is nothing more than fascism, allegedly one of the original causes of their struggle in the first place.
    I'd actually pity these ill-educated, misinformed deludées along with any excuse who supports them if it weren't for their means. Seriously lost characters.

Its about time certain Irish folk grew up and realised that everything to blame is not across the ditch but right on their own effing doorstep.

Bollocks.
    The fault lies with those who refuse to accept what the overwhelming majority of the electorate on this island want and bugger all else. The sooner they realise this, the better. Usurping the democratic wishes of population, particularly via violent means, is nothing more than fascism, allegedly one of the original causes of their struggle in the first place.
    I'd actually pity these ill-educated, misinformed deludées along with any excuse who supports them if it weren't for their means. Seriously lost characters.

Its about time certain Irish folk grew up and realised that everything to blame is not across the ditch but right on their own effing doorstep.
    Well if you say its bollocks then it must be.

What I'm saying is that this could have easily been prevented with a common sense approach, but it hasnt been, because of intransigence and sheer stupidity.

It shouldn't be an unreasonable "concession" to have a just legal system which doesn't breach peoples human rights and a decent, safe and secure prison like Portlaiose. The issue in the prisons has forged unity, if this had have been removed by having a good system in place (if people object so much why are they content to have the system in Portlaoise?) not only would it not be bringing these groups together but it would starve them of their most potent propaganda.

But it seems I'm totally unreasonable and full of bollocks for wanting to further the peace process.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

SocSocPol wrote: »
    Sometimes the greater good of society has to be protected and the individual rights of the few sacrificed for the greater good of society.
    These guys are hoods, thugs, criminals nothing else. Since the people north and South endorsed the Belfast Agreement these thugs have continued to murder and maim remember Masserene, Omagh, Constables Carroll and Kerr?
    The only way to fight fire is with fire and the Real Politic of this situation demands that any and all coercive measure required , from internment to shoot to kill be enacted to halt these criminals now.

Oh my God. You are suggesting this new group be stamped out by the two things that swelled the ranks of the PIRA and gave them their biggest ever boosts.
    There are a lot of people on here talking a lot of crap about something they know very little about.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

New republican armed threat = more soldiers drafted in to deal with it

Epic fail there lads

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

These clowns do not represent Ireland & they will receive very little support. By continuing the conflict they are actually declaring war on the wishes of the majority of the people in the Republic and the 6 counties who want peace.

Triangla wrote: »
    New republican armed threat = more soldiers drafted in to deal with it

Epic fail there lads
    You don't comprehend the situation.

That is exactly what they want, to shatter normalization and, as they would say, smash the false reality SF have built up and reveal the north as being just as much under the control, and at the mercy of, the Brits as ever before.

So it's not an "epic fail". Brits on the street would be a win for them.

You don't comprehend the situation
    I do. They and their apologists don't. That's the problem.

I do. They and their apologists don't. That's the problem.
    Congratulations.

But that comment was not said to you... Are you aiming that "apologist" jibe at me? Looks that way seen as you dismissed the rest of my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

LoYL wrote: »
    So the PIRA joins with the RIRA, the CIRA and the OIRA to form the PORC IRA. They should smuggle sausages.

That's a very hammy comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

They should be hunted down and exiled.

Seriously they are hated ...by Irish people ..they are oppressive to Irish culture.

I wonder how SF will try to spin it?? It should destroy their gains.

They have effectively destroyed any chance of the South accepting the Idea of a united Ireland now never mind the North.

They should be treated as nothing more than criminals.

Forget about them...they are as oppressive as any foreign force really anti democratic scum.

why should sf have to try and spin it at all? and how would it destroy their gains? these are dissident republican groups that have been condemned by sf on numerous occasions.

That is exactly what they want, to shatter normalization and, as they would say, smash the false reality SF have built up and reveal the north as being just as much under the control, and at the mercy of, the Brits as ever before.

I comprehend alright - don't worry about that.

It's an epic fail, let's hope they someday achieve their goal so that they stop complaining about British rule and start giving out about Irish government rule like the rest of us!

I comprehend alright - don't worry about that.

It's an epic fail, let's hope they someday achieve their goal so that they stop complaining about British rule and start giving out about Irish government rule like the rest of us!
    How is it an epic fail if it's what they want?

It's an epic fail in my opinion.

If it's what they want - it's an even more epic fail.

Epic fail squared?

It's an epic fail in my opinion.

If it's what they want - it's an even more epic fail.

Epic fail squared?
    I thought you were saying it was an "epic fail" from their POV.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭Genghis Khan.

I hope some one puts a knapsack on their back and kills these Republican terrorists. Victory to the Red hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

I hope some one puts a knapsack on their back and kills these Republican terrorists. Victory to the Red hand!

Tyrone are out of this years GAA football championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The groups were so small and rag tag that they probably amalgamated to look even slightly respectable. We've all seen the little marches and ceremonies they have. Its just a bunch of overweight drunks. These groups are infiltrated to the balls by Mi5 and the Gardai.

Every time they move a large bomb it gets caught and its not a coincidence. When they use smaller bombs or shoot anybody the infiltrators have to ignore it how not to raise suspicion. Although saying that they would be thicker than we all think they are if they dont think that there isnt undercover people in their movement.

Amalgimating groups makes it easier for the Gardai and Mi5 to control them. It was probably them who did it for them :pac:

I would imagine their wishes would lie closer to something along the lines of consolidating the drug trade/protection rackets. Sure they might want chaos, but only because that will help them to get away with more crime.

Why are you such and out and out believer that these men are in some way "dedicated to the cause". They are no more dedicated to the cause of one Ireland than the US are for democracy in the Middle East. It's a phony cause for selfish purposes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭Genghis Khan.

maddragon wrote: »
    Tyrone are out of this years GAA football championship.
    Ulster Protestants are ready and prepared to defend themselves if they must from Republican aggression.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭whitelines

Everyone knows that The UK is totally in control of all it's territory including Northern Ireland - no one and I mean no one is under any illusion about that reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

seriously?.............. get over yourself!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

MOD NOTE:

Banned for one month.

Let me make this clear: celebration and/or promotion of murder is strictly prohibited in this forum.

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    I would imagine their wishes would lie closer to something along the lines of consolidating the drug trade/protection rackets. Sure they might want chaos, but only because that will help them to get away with more crime.

Why are you such and out and out believer that these men are in some way "dedicated to the cause". They are no more dedicated to the cause of one Ireland than the US are for democracy in the Middle East. It's a phony cause for selfish purposes.

I believe it, because it is true.

What you say makes no sense, crime gangs get away with stuff and are under a much smaller spotlight with much more lenient consequences for their actions than IRA members are.

So if they were interested in crime, profits etc why not just be an ordinary criminal?

What you say is a myth the media (Herald in particular) like to spread. It's really unnecessary, surely they are bad enough without making things up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

While they certainly pose a danger, they won't have anything near to the factors that surrounded their forebears: public sympathy and so on and should be easier for the state to ruthlessly snuff out.

One thing I would worry about is that they provoke a resurgence of loyalism though.

Advertisement